Tractor Identification

/ Tractor Identification #12  
<font color="red"> I'm sure that I knew a man about 30 years ago that had one just like that, a Long. Sloped hood and all. I believe this tractor is probably late 60's early 70's. John </font>

Like I said, I was skeptical because I hadn't seen that sloped hood. But certainly several other indications look like a LONG tractor. The paint scheme, the stripe, even the overall size. I, like you, would guess something from the 60's or 70's based on the configuration. I'm still skeptical, but only because that is my nature and the fact that I have only seen LONG tractors with flat hoods.

<font color="blue"> From his member name, I am wondering if he is from the land of Oz, Australia. May be something we don't see around here. If so, maybe Daedong can help. </font>

I was wondering the same thing about his name due to the Oz ending.

Vin, are you out there? Can you give inject your opinion here?

/ Tractor Identification #13  
   / Tractor Identification #14  
Looks like a Leyland to me. There use to be a dealer around here for them.

Leyland

Not sure of what model but hopefully the page will help you out some. Just go to the homepage.

murph

/ Tractor Identification #15  
Murph, I'm considering you the new tractor identification guru on TBN. Heck I never recall ever even hearing about Leyland tractors let alone seeing one. But those pictures have me convinced. I'm voting along with you, I think the tractor is probably a Leyland.

/ Tractor Identification #16  
Hey don't recognize the tractor but would that happen to be SkyPark?

/ Tractor Identification #17  
Bob,

I just remember the tractors as a kid. I remember the green ones came and then the Leylands in our area. My cousins actually bought a Leyland and they loved it. It was very dependable and didn't use any fuel compared to the big ones made in the USA at the time.

murph

/ Tractor Identification #18  
Doesn't look that much like it to me. The old Longs were pretty much based on Ford tractors, and there were some old Fords that looked very much like the one the poster is asking about.
The Leylands have been around for a long time, very popular in Europe as I remember. John

/ Tractor Identification #19  
This is from farmphoto, you nailed it.

Attachments

• 574508-9CC1D049-478C-40CE-826D-868DE932E571.jpg
    574508-9CC1D049-478C-40CE-826D-868DE932E571.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 302
   / Tractor Identification #20  
milkman, here is another photo. Having not seen these before I've spent some time digging around. It appears that British Leyland no longer makes these tractors. There are parts sources for them, but they seem to be limited.

574730-a23058.jpg

ABOVE: Leyland tractor

Here is a link a bunch of information on Leyland tractors
Leyland Link

Attachments

• 574730-a23058.jpg
    574730-a23058.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 175