Tractor Literature and lack of quality

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
Why is it that tractor literature, both on the web and in the brochures is so lacking in detail? I assume that everyone at TBN is into details and the online and print literature is terrible. It lacks detail, is poorly written, misleading, contradictory and confusing at times.

RANT over.
Bob

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality
Why is it that tractor literature, both on the web and in the brochures is so lacking in detail? I assume that everyone at TBN is into details and the online and print literature is terrible. It lacks detail, is poorly written, misleading, contradictory and confusing at times.

RANT over.
Bob

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #3  
I agree with you for the most part. I found that Massey's literature was the most informative. You should check it out.

Puck.

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #4  
I agree with you for the most part. I found that Massey's literature was the most informative. You should check it out.

Puck.

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #5  
Wait until you try to compare the "specs" from one brand to the next, that is when you really get confused!

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #6  
Wait until you try to compare the "specs" from one brand to the next, that is when you really get confused!

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #7  
I agree. I think the manufacturers are still riding a wave of popularity for the compact machines among folks who were pretty lacking in sophisticated knowledge about the things. I think that time is coming to an end. The posters here do not represent the majority of customers coming in off the street and plunking down the bucks for a nice new compact at present, but they do represent a growing part of that population. Current literature is designed to impress rather than inform, much like new car literature.

I also think they are making a big mistake in this arena. The manufacturer who makes the decision to provide more information, both in print and online, for both the customer and the dealer, will probably be very happy with the result as the customer base become increasingly knowledgeable.

/ Tractor Literature and lack of quality #8  
I agree. I think the manufacturers are still riding a wave of popularity for the compact machines among folks who were pretty lacking in sophisticated knowledge about the things. I think that time is coming to an end. The posters here do not represent the majority of customers coming in off the street and plunking down the bucks for a nice new compact at present, but they do represent a growing part of that population. Current literature is designed to impress rather than inform, much like new car literature.

I also think they are making a big mistake in this arena. The manufacturer who makes the decision to provide more information, both in print and online, for both the customer and the dealer, will probably be very happy with the result as the customer base become increasingly knowledgeable.