Tractor lots are full

/ Tractor lots are full #221  
The best explanation of inflation is what the french economist Jean Baptiste Seay observed in the 1700's: when the prince runs out of money, he prints more and prices go up.

/ Tractor lots are full #222  
I have seen some wobbly dealers getting bought out by stronger dealers and mergers, too. If it goes that way, then we end up with less, but larger dealers.
Yep consolidation in the market will happen. Strong companies will swoop in and buy assets for half price.

We have a ways to go before the COVID hang over is over.

/ Tractor lots are full #223  
The best explanation for inflation I've heard is this:
That a small amount of positive inflation is always built into goverment run economic systems to avoid the alternative direction from zero - which would be "deflation".

Inflation is something we may not like, and is a political headache - but at least it is familiar and economists have some idea of how to deal with it. Deflation is unknown territory.

rScotty
Inflation provides more taxable income. The gment needs inflation to feed their increasing budget deficit.
I would be happy to deflate to 2020.

/ Tractor lots are full #224  
The best explanation of inflation is what the french economist Jean Baptiste Seay observed in the 1700's: when the prince runs out of money, he prints more and prices go up.
Inflation provides more taxable income. The gment needs inflation to feed their increasing budget deficit.
I don't see inflation as being a conspiracy, just the result of a economic system that is still new and not well understood. Maybe it is part of transitioning from a system backed by precious metals and hard goods to one backed by manufacturing and GNP.
Apparently It's hard to know how to allow a little inflation without opening that door to a lot. Previous eras have had inflation problems too.

Anyway, it's us consumers - not the g'ment - who ultimately control prices for everything.
We can stop inflation whenever we want by not buyng. Otherwise, prices will keep going higher.
rScotty

/ Tractor lots are full #225  
I don't see inflation as being a conspiracy, just the result of a economic system that is still new and not well understood. Maybe it is part of transitioning from a system backed by precious metals and hard goods to one backed by manufacturing and GNP.
Apparently It's hard to know how to allow a little inflation without opening that door to a lot. Previous eras have had inflation problems too.

Anyway, it's us consumers - not the g'ment - who ultimately control prices for everything.
We can stop inflation whenever we want by not buyng. Otherwise, prices will keep going higher.
rScotty
That is simply not how inflation works.

/ Tractor lots are full #226  
Be careful what you wish for!

/ Tractor lots are full #227  

rScotty
Our economy is backed by DEBT.
Today’s inflation is from PRINTING money.

/ Tractor lots are full #228  
Our economy is backed by DEBT.
Today’s inflation is from PRINTING money.
The debt at any moment is simply future earnings looked at from today's perspective.
Inflation is more complicated than simply printing money.

/ Tractor lots are full #230  
The debt at any moment is simply future earnings looked at from today's perspective.
Inflation is more complicated than simply printing money.
Let me change that last sentence a little. Just like in the work I do, there is lots of disagreement on causes. So thinking about economics makes a nice break from work.

Printing way too much unbacked money seems to be by agreement - as Hay Dude says - a sure fire way to make inflation happen. But sometimes it happens anyway. What causes that? And is that what we have going on right now?
rScotty