Tractor lots are full

/ Tractor lots are full #283  
Our electric rates just went up 2.7%. I may get the vapors.

/ Tractor lots are full #284  
I’m curious about the alternative definitions of “ transitory” or at least the accepted duration

/ Tractor lots are full #285  
Our electric rates just went up 2.7%. I may get the vapors.
It’s not all about you. Other states went up a lot.
Mine went up 26.9%. I think thats significant-especially when my residence & small business electricity bill is over $1,000/month.

1682597894148.jpeg

/ Tractor lots are full #286  
Mine went up 26.9%. I think thats significant-especially when my residence & small business electricity bill is over $1,000/month.

View attachment 797878
$1000/month!? You should put up a windmill and some solar panels. :ROFLMAO: Just kidding.

/ Tractor lots are full #287  

View attachment 797878

Interesting. I live in PA where electric suppliers have been deregulated. I shop for the best rates and am currently paying 10.2 cents per KW. I'm not sure where that 17.99 cent price came from.

I suppose it could be a local thing or an average of ALL suppliers in the state but when shopping, I have seen none that are even close to that published price.

/ Tractor lots are full #288  
There is not a nation-wide increase in electricity. Many of us co-op members are seeing little to no changes in costs, and co-ops are widespread in rural parts of this country.
Though my rural electric coop is discusing time of use rates and smart meters ( higher peak rates), mainly because they invested in alternative power that cost more to produce and they now need to pay for it a decade later.
This is being discussed internally in the coop and at one board meeting, the public is pretty much unaware of this though.

/ Tractor lots are full #289  
So are the tractor lots still full?
After 10+ pages of off topic bickering
I can’t remember
Tractor lots in general are full here (from Portland Oregon to Pendleton Oregon) about a 200 mile distance on the pavement.
I just can't decide if inflation is the cause of the tractor lots filling up.

/ Tractor lots are full #290  
I'm seeing more used farm equipment advertised for sale than last year. For one thing, I think people are more comfortable that covid isn't the threat that it was. I rarely see masks in the store now although a friend has covid right now.

I suspect the other thing is inflation is eating people's budgets so they are trying to sell off things they aren't using.

The dealers may or may not be in the classic trap of by the time you set your sails to catch the wind, the wind changes.