Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe?

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe? #1  

woody49705

Bronze Member
Tractor
07' GC2310 TLB
I have a 2007 GC2310 and not sure what the problem is. The tractor will move forward and back but loader and backhoe are non-responsive. There is a strange intermittent noise coming from transaxle as well. Not sure if there is frozen moisture in there due to the extreme temps lately or what? Never had this issue before. Any thoughts??

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe? #2  
Sadly it could be the spline issues that plague the GC2300 series. Do a search on this forum to find out more information.

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe? #3  
Don't know for sure how your hydraulics are set up. I had a tractor recently that the hydraulics acted up. I had no loader, no 3 pt arms and no power steering. You would of thought there no hydraulic fluid what so ever in the tractor. Hydraulics can act funky in the cold. Usually I can start working the steering wheel, loader, and 3 pt arms and get things going. However, it was about 15 below zero and I had big problems. There are valve bodies, relief valves,the pump, the hydraulic lines and so forth. I started "cracking" hydraulic lines starting with the line feeding the pump. What ever the problem was, cracking the lines got me going. Every thing started working gradually. after working all the hydraulic controls on Every thing for about 10-15 minutes everything started working. I mean I would raise the loader 3-4 feet and lower it back down. Then raise it again maybe a little more say maybe 5 feet and lower it again. I eventually got everything working like it is supposed to. Don't know if this is you problem or if this will solve your probem, but it maybe worth a try.

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe?
Sadly it could be the spline issues that plague the GC2300 series. Do a search on this forum to find out more information.

I did some reading on the issue and am hoping this is not the issue. I am waiting until mid-week when the temps are not so brutal cold and try things out and see if it is a freezing cold issue or if the tractor needs to go to the dealer. It seemed they said the issue was addressed by 2007 when my tractor was manufactured but we will see. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't know for sure how your hydraulics are set up. I had a tractor recently that the hydraulics acted up. I had no loader, no 3 pt arms and no power steering. You would of thought there no hydraulic fluid what so ever in the tractor. Hydraulics can act funky in the cold. Usually I can start working the steering wheel, loader, and 3 pt arms and get things going. However, it was about 15 below zero and I had big problems. There are valve bodies, relief valves,the pump, the hydraulic lines and so forth. I started "cracking" hydraulic lines starting with the line feeding the pump. What ever the problem was, cracking the lines got me going. Every thing started working gradually. after working all the hydraulic controls on Every thing for about 10-15 minutes everything started working. I mean I would raise the loader 3-4 feet and lower it back down. Then raise it again maybe a little more say maybe 5 feet and lower it again. I eventually got everything working like it is supposed to. Don't know if this is you problem or if this will solve your probem, but it maybe worth a try.

i'm happy to say the temperature finally warmed up for a couple of days and I fired up the tractor last night and everything worked like it was supposed to. Definitely a moisture and frigid temperature issue. Thanks for the response.

Woody

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

Woody

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe? #8  
Ask Massey to good grace the warranty on the hydraulic pump. It's only fair. If not, you may have a backhoe line crossed up

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe? #9  
I'll bet you one of the quick connectors on your backhoe is loose

/ Tractor moves but no loader or backhoe? #10  
I'll go along with jimmy-- separate and re-connect all hydraulic lines around the backhoe. I had the same problem once: although physically connected, one of the quick-connects wasn't fully seated, apparently.