Tractor Parts Yesterday

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday #12  
Well, that's the number right they put on by the JD dealership right on the official JD dealership invoice for the parts that I ordered before. Those are the parts that our oldest local dealership is selling, and that's where I shop. I'm not making this up. You may have seen their letterhead with all the pretty pictures of JD tractors done as a watermark.
Nice stationary they have there....

Jim, google that number if you are curious. Nothing else, just google search on "JDS950". Look at how many hits you get from JD parts houses. Including dealers.
They sell JDSxxx parts all day long.
rScotty
So being the curious type that I am I did a google search on JDS950. I got exactly zero results from any sites associated with John Deere or any Deere dealers. The part number is clearly an aftermarket part. Now that doesn't mean some Deere dealer doesn't sell it, but if so they don't appear to source it from Mother Deere.
Which aligns with my experience in recognizing common and customary Deere part number configurations and TX Jim's conclusion.

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday
So being the curious type that I am I did a google search on JDS950. I got exactly zero results from any sites associated with John Deere or any Deere dealers. The part number is clearly an aftermarket part. Now that doesn't mean some Deere dealer doesn't sell it, but if so they don't appear to source it from Mother Deere.
Which aligns with my experience in recognizing common and customary Deere part number configurations and TX Jim's conclusion.

Well, that is pretty amazing when you think about it. And has some interesting consequences....

Since I know I'm reporting what I see correctly and I assume that you are too, then the only thing that can explain the different search results is that Google search works differently on our different computers i.e. our computer-generated "metaverse" is similar but slightly different.

At one time that would have surprised me, but now it just seems normal. Especially since I've noticed that most online computers can now generate personally targeted ads as well as news story bias based on search history. That's just more evidence of the same.

BTW, I use Safari Browser on an Apple Mac Pro. I've no idea at all if that makes a difference or not.
It's a rapidly changing universe...er, metaverse.
rScotty

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday #14  
Well, that is pretty amazing when you think about it. And has some interesting consequences....

Since I know I'm reporting what I see correctly and I assume that you are too, then the only thing that can explain the different search results is that Google search works differently on our different computers i.e. our computer-generated "metaverse" is similar but slightly different.

At one time that would have surprised me, but now it just seems normal. Especially since I've noticed that most online computers can now generate personally targeted ads as well as news story bias based on search history. That's just more evidence of the same.

BTW, I use Safari Browser on an Apple Mac Pro. I've no idea at all if that makes a difference or not.
rScotty
Safari on an iPad here.

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday #15  

rScotty

RickB is right - not a single part returned from a Deere dealership via Google, and that doesn’t look like any Deere part number I’ve ever seen.

Appears it’s a kit made by Steiner. That doesn’t mean you didn’t buy it from a Deere dealership - just that it’s not a Deere product. If you would have given them the Deere part numbers that made up the aftermarket kit, I’m sure they might have more luck. OEM Replacement Part Numbers: 2-A4983R, 2-A4978R, 1-AA4297R, 1-C1778R

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday #16  
What sort of a substitute do you think he has for a rental CTL with a brush cutter? They have good reasons for not being in that market, I suspect. It's not a good fit for many rental outfits. If they aren't in that space they aren't. They apparently do sell string trimmers.
The last guy he talked to was probably 5 minutes out to pick up his new string trimmer. Bottom line, you don't know what the job responsibilities were of the guys in front and you don't know what promises the "rental guy" was trying to fulfill.
I'm sure you are just trying to engage in an argument with those remarks so I'm not going to do that. But it does give me an opportunity, for the benefit of others, to elaborate a little on the poor customer relations at that particular Kubota dealer.

Its an example of very poor customer service, time management and lack of properly prioritizing. Your attempt to take up for them and excuse it doesn't change that.

Doesn't really matter the titles or job duties of the guys up front. If the dealership makes money they benefit. It won't make money if customers walk out because the guys standing around would rather do that than help. A customer is not an interruption of the work day. They are the reason for it.

Their rental department may have a good reason not be in the business of renting CTL's w/brushcutters. That is legit. But what is not legit in my business experience is to dismiss a potential customer without trying to find a way to make him a buying customer. Even without having a rental to offer Kubota does have a CTL capable of running a good brushcutter. He could have said 'hey I have to get this done for a guy on the way right now but if you can take a look at some of our used CTL's or a new one we just got ready for sale they are right out side and Ill get someone to meet you out there in justa minute. Maybe we can find something you can use to get you taken care of."

As it was that particular dealership missed a great opportunity. I will rent and/or buy a CTL w/brushcutter at some point but it won't be from that Kubota dealership chain or that salesman. I'll also make it a point in my dealings with others in that market to find out more about the guys who work there and the owner. He may become a customer of mine because I could sure help him with his customer service.

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday #17  
:D A little more info as its not JD
The diaphragms are made from Fairprene WFP-B2N1, which can withstand the ethanol in blended gasoline. O-ring made from Viton.

willy

/ Tractor Parts Yesterday #18  
I'm sure you are just trying to engage in an argument with those remarks so I'm not going to do that. But it does give me an opportunity, for the benefit of others, to elaborate a little on the poor customer relations at that particular Kubota dealer.

Its an example of very poor customer service, time management and lack of properly prioritizing. Your attempt to take up for them and excuse it doesn't change that.

Doesn't really matter the titles or job duties of the guys up front. If the dealership makes money they benefit. It won't make money if customers walk out because the guys standing around would rather do that than help. A customer is not an interruption of the work day. They are the reason for it.

Their rental department may have a good reason not be in the business of renting CTL's w/brushcutters. That is legit. But what is not legit in my business experience is to dismiss a potential customer without trying to find a way to make him a buying customer. Even without having a rental to offer Kubota does have a CTL capable of running a good brushcutter. He could have said 'hey I have to get this done for a guy on the way right now but if you can take a look at some of our used CTL's or a new one we just got ready for sale they are right out side and Ill get someone to meet you out there in justa minute. Maybe we can find something you can use to get you taken care of."

As it was that particular dealership missed a great opportunity. I will rent and/or buy a CTL w/brushcutter at some point but it won't be from that Kubota dealership chain or that salesman. I'll also make it a point in my dealings with others in that market to find out more about the guys who work there and the owner. He may become a customer of mine because I could sure help him with his customer service.
There's little doubt your customer experience was less than stellar.
I'm still confused as to why you claim the dealership missed such a lucrative opportunity when they have already made a conscious decision to not provide the service you were seeking that day. They have disagreed in advance.
Additionally I looked at 3 major regional equipment rental outfits and 30 day rental of a large CTL with a bucket costs between $3500 and $4500 in my area.
Sumbelt did offer a large list of attachments including a 6' wide brush cutter with 4" capability. Their CTL with cutter 30 day rental rate is $5800 using a random Texas zip code before adding taxes and their environmental fees and the optional insurance and mobilization which you may or may not need.
So from where I sit it's not terribly likely there's a ton of money to be made by renting out the same equipment for an amount that meets your $4000 budget.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Parts Yesterday #19  
   / Tractor Parts Yesterday
I can't remember JD ever offering a kit with diaphragms,screen & gasket BUT they certainly don't offer that kit today listed by a regular JD part #. What part # your JD dealer parts personnel put on an invoice has no bearing on if part # is an original JD part #.

My point was simply that buying tractor parts has become more difficult at the dealer than it is online.
That surprised me, and I thought I would share it. Yes, I know that it bothers some people to find that out. Frankly it bothers me a bit too.

As we've proven in this thread, Jim - you and I and several others here can find those parts on the web in two minutes or less. We can find what model they fit, where they are in stock, and what the original JD part numbers are. And we aren't professional part guys - except for Jim. But we can even find out something about the material and improvements re: Willy said, "Viton & ethanol resistant"

However, at the dealership they couldn't find any of those things using their own system even when given all the in house advantages including their own invoice, and a JD parts book. They finally gave up.

And that's exactly my point. It's not to establish blame.
It used to be I would go to the dealer first and do parts research online only if the dealer couldn't help. Now the world of parts has changed. It has become more efficient for me to go online than to the dealer. To me, that's a big change - and I wonder where it takes us.
rScotty