Tractor prices in Canada?

/ Tractor prices in Canada? #1  

RSR

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4145HC
I have a friend doing some tractor shopping. He lives in the Waterloo/Kitchener area of Ontario.

He's looking at a Kubota LX3310, Kioti CK3510SE, and LS MT335HC. All are cabbed models.

I was surprised that when he shared the quotes, all three were within $1k when similarly outfitted.

I had expected that, much like in the lower 48, there would be a significant price savings for the LS and Kioti.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it normal in Canada for Kioti and LS to not offer any significant savings over a Kubota? Or, is he just getting hosed on the quotes?

/ Tractor prices in Canada? #2  
I bought a Kubota BX23S in 2018, it won out for me due to features, comfort, and dealership. I had seriously considered Kioti and John Deere as they were also fairly local ... all 3 within an hour's drive. The promotions and cost were secondary considerations, as my needs were specific. The comparable Kioti was only $1500 less overall, Deere a bit more. I'm very happy with my Kubota, and also with the connection that I have with the dealership.

/ Tractor prices in Canada?
<bump>
Are there no Candians on here?

Any insight into whether there should be a price difference (and about how much) between a Kubota and LS or Kioti would be greatly appreciated.

/ Tractor prices in Canada? #5  
Last time I was tractor shopping was for a subcompact. Ended up with a John Deere which was slightly cheaper than the Kubota. Local Kioti dealer to KW doesn't really sell many Kiotis so discounted those and your friend might want to consider that too. Mahindra was no cheaper than the Deere so I had no reason to buy it. LS isn't really much of a force in southwestern Ontario. I drove by an LS dealer the other day and slowed down to look as I was so surprised to see that they even sell them in Canada.

Everyone here probably knows this, but Kubota advertises 0% interest but since they have a cash price and a finance price, it's not REALLY 0% interest. So you have to price that in. Anyway, locally, based on the dealers here and the options in Kitchener Waterloo, I'd pay a bit extra for the Kubota. Not that I'm knocking LS or Kioti, or the local dealers, in any way.

I realize there is a difference between specs, (weight, lift capacity, etc.). I'm not trying to determine value. I'm just trying to determine if Canadians usually pay a price premium for Kubota, like you do in the lower 48.

That is, in the US, if you compare the cash price (not worrying about financing or any other obfuscations), a Kubota is usually $4-8k more expensive than a similar model Kioti or LS. That price difference exists if you spec out the Kubota to have the same features as the LS or Kioti (2 rear remotes, etc.)

I found this when I was tractor shopping, which is why I ended up with an LS. Multiple other posters have commented on the same "premium" price for a Kubota. This is a well known phenomenon.

This is why I was surprised when my friend in Canada got quotes for a similarly spec'd Kioti, LS, and Kubota, and the Kubota was virtually the same price as the LS and Kioti.

So, I'm trying to determine if (1) the price premium we usually see just doesn't exist in Canada (maybe other Canadians have found you don't pay a premium for Kubota in Canada?), or (2) it does exist (maybe other Canadians have seen a similar price premium for Kubota?).

If it's reason number one, my suggestion to my friend would be just go with the Kubota for availability, support, etc. If it's reason number two, my friend is getting screwed on the LS and Kioti quotes, and my advice would be to press the dealers for a better deal, or explore quotes from dealers farther away.

Obviously, to provide this help to my friend, I need to first know what Kubota pricing is like in Canada.

/ Tractor prices in Canada? #7  
Unless you can buy them through New-Holland dealers I dont think you can get a LS anywhere in my province.

Kioti does have a few small dealerships so for the sake of of this thread I just priced a RX7230 to a comparable Kubota M7060 and they seem to be pretty close in price.

Unless you can buy them through New-Holland dealers I dont think you can get a LS anywhere in my province.

Kioti does have a few small dealerships so for the sake of of this thread I just priced a RX7230 to a comparable Kubota M7060 and they seem to be pretty close in price.
Thanks, that's helpful.

/ Tractor prices in Canada? #9  
I am waiting on a tractor delivery from Canada as we type. I saved quite a bit of money compared to what was available in the US, but the process to import it was a PITA. I used Cole International. The gal who assisted me was great, but it seemed to take forever to get the paperwork processed.
Now waiting on trucking company.

/ Tractor prices in Canada? #10  
The comparison of models is important. You are comparing prices on a much lower end model on the LX than the Kioti or the LS. That MT3 series is similar to a Kubota Grand L.

It would be like being surprised that a base model Ford is the same price as a fully loaded Kia or Hyundai back in the day.