Tractor Pull: Why no compact class?

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #1  

OverlyRun

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC35 bought 5/01
Took the kids to the Montgomery County, Md. Fair last week on Tractor Pull night. The kids got modest kick out of the big farm tractors, had no interest in the fire-breathers and wondered why tractors like Dad's TC35 weren't represented. Anyone ever heard of small tractor events? Of course I wouldn't do that to MY machine...it's hard enough to get seat time without busting out gaskets or burning up engine parts.

But maybe we'd settle the orange/green/blue thing. Or maybe not....

Chas

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #2  
That would be grand to see orange & green & blue try for the bragging rights.

Most pull rules state your tractor has to be 30+ years old to pull,so I guess one could say the Cubs and L's are still the compact tractors.

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #3  
There was an antique tractor show in my area (SE Mich) about a month ago and they had tractor pulling all the way down to Garden Tractors... most of the pilots were under 16. Had a professonal looking sled and kids were wearing there helmets.

Found this site on the web. I have nothing to do with the site, just found it while searching, thought it might be interesting.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4795/GTINDEX.HTM>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4795/GTINDEX.HTM</A>

I know they are not the sub compacts, but it just goes to show that if it has a motor, someone will figure a way to compete with it!

Curtis

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #4  
There are pulls that have compact utility size tractors. Just not at the ones you are going to watch, I guess. I saw a club out of MO, IL, WI, IA (think they were Midwest(ern) or something like that). They had some of the parts and pieces (rear end, and hood at least) of cubs, Deere, etc, but some had turbine engines powering them. All depends on the class and the rules in that class as to what you will see. There were probably 300 of them at the spring exhibition pull I was at in May. Awesome.

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #5  
Last month at the 4H fair they had a garden tractor pull. Had all sorts of classes, stock singles, stock duals, modified and all sorts of weight classes. Even had an "aternate fuel class - alcohol. The event started at 6:30 and went to after 11. Most were really modified and had lots of weight. One entry (i didn't see it pull, but saw it running) had three engines. I'm at work now but will post pictures tomorrow. many many hours and dollars into these things.

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #6  
Here's one. . .

Attachments

• 8-185947-pull_1.jpg
    8-185947-pull_1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 463
   / Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #7  
And another view. . .

Attachments

• 8-185948-pull_2.jpg
    8-185948-pull_2.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 791
   / Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #8  
Ever see a three-engine tractor . . . .

Attachments

• 8-185949-pull_3.jpg
    8-185949-pull_3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 513
   / Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #9  
At our county Ag Expo there are 3 nights of pulls. The first night is usually the Antique tractors and garden tractors. The next two nights are a mixture of all different types - from stock farm tractors, modified farm tractors, to those fire and brimstone diesels. We have one gentleman that uses a Packard engine used in the PT boats during WWII and his son has rigged another up using an engine from a tank.

However, as mentioned - not many CUTs as yet!! Give it time - they'll become popular as they become more plentiful for pullers.

Terry

/ Tractor Pull: Why no compact class? #10  
Great photos!!
That another way to spend relaxing afternoon watching those little gaints. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif