Tractor Recommendation

/ Tractor Recommendation
haha... the wife is non-existent, not having a wife is a blessing and curse...so all decisions, good or bad are mine alone. thx for the input

/ Tractor Recommendation #32  
I think in the long run you will want a tractor. I live on 3 acres and we have lived here 25 years. The first 12 years no tractor, just riding mowers. The last 13 years I had a tractor, started with a Kubota BX and now a JD 2025r. I don’t know how I got by without one. The older you get the more you need one also. N

/ Tractor Recommendation #33  
The T554 is also a Yanmar engine. It is the same frame size as the T494 and T574. They are really well featured and solid machines. I have about 20 wooded acres and the T494 is my primary target, but also considering Branson 4820, LS MT347, Kioti DK 4710SE. Most of the similar size tractors are too expensive for equivalent features.

/ Tractor Recommendation
I looked at the Kioti, the only reason I hesitate on that is they do not offer a hydro for that frame size machine. (another strike is the local Kioti dealer, whom, i'm not thrilled with). I'm not100% stuck on getting a hydro, but prob 98%! the shuttle sift from LS is also tempting, but for landscaping tasks, I think the hydro is more efficient. If I was mowing often or doing some row crop work, gear would be fine, but i'm not. Yep, sure looked at the kubota L series and deere 3 and 4 series. I've heard/read too many issues with the 3 series and 4 is out of my budget... unless i go to their economy line... but at that price point, i'd rather get a MT352 HC. I've seen a couple horror stories on some of the LS backhoes, but I think most LS owners would re-buy from what I can tell. I've thought branson or TYM as well, but just a bit more concerned about build quality / longevity compared to an LS or kioti.

/ Tractor Recommendation #35  
I looked at the Kioti, the only reason I hesitate on that is they do not offer a hydro for that frame size machine. (another strike is the local Kioti dealer, whom, i'm not thrilled with). I'm not100% stuck on getting a hydro, but prob 98%! the shuttle sift from LS is also tempting, but for landscaping tasks, I think the hydro is more efficient. If I was mowing often or doing some row crop work, gear would be fine, but i'm not. Yep, sure looked at the kubota L series and deere 3 and 4 series. I've heard/read too many issues with the 3 series and 4 is out of my budget... unless i go to their economy line... but at that price point, i'd rather get a MT352 HC. I've seen a couple horror stories on some of the LS backhoes, but I think most LS owners would re-buy from what I can tell. I've thought branson or TYM as well, but just a bit more concerned about build quality / longevity compared to an LS or kioti.
The DK4710SE has an HST variant.

An argument about available dealers in some areas would be valid for TYM/Branson. I think if you have build quality concerns, you should find a dealer and actually check them out. They are every bit as solid as any make out there.

/ Tractor Recommendation
It's been a while since i looked at the kioti... i guess the dealer left me a bad taste, so haven't been in a hurry to go back. my neighbor likes his tym and i've never looked at branson, not even sure where a dealer is... but i may look. I should also mention I looked at yanmar, but that gets into some green tractor pricing in a hurry... it would be a nice machine, but over my budget

/ Tractor Recommendation #37  
It's been a while since i looked at the kioti... i guess the dealer left me a bad taste, so haven't been in a hurry to go back. my neighbor likes his tym and i've never looked at branson, not even sure where a dealer is... but i may look. I should also mention I looked at yanmar, but that gets into some green tractor pricing in a hurry... it would be a nice machine, but over my budget
Take a look. TYM owns Branson now and dealers are starting to carry both brands. Good luck.

/ Tractor Recommendation #39  
So, I consider the
2xxx John Deeres to be Small Frame CUTs
3xxx John Deeres to be Medium Frame CUTs
4xxx John Deeres to be Large Frame CUTs
So, are you looking for Small, Medium or Large frame CUTs?

/ Tractor Recommendation #40  
I did extensive manufacture comparison last summer when deciding to buy. If I was buying new I would choose TYM or Kiote. I think both have all the features you need or want and the parts will be available for both. Local dealer is a problem for both. They are scarce but I'm not so much a dealer person. Oddly enough I bought a used Kubota and have 2 dealers within 10 & 25 miles. Kubota country.