Tractor Shopping

/ Tractor Shopping #21  
Soundguy said:
I wouldn't consider buying from a dealer that would let me test drive a tractor...

soundguy

The Kubota dealer let me drive around a paved parking lot..

When I asked about trying the loader, the reply was "We don't like to get the tractor dirty"

Now the Kioti dealer threw me the key, and said "The dirt pile is out back, have fun and let me know if you have any questions."

Now 200 hours later... I still enjoy my Kioti...

/ Tractor Shopping #22  
My point exactly.

soundguy

/ Tractor Shopping #23  
Soundguy said:
My point exactly.

soundguy

Whats wrong with test drives? I plan to try and test drive to help make my decision between HST and gear.

/ Tractor Shopping #24  
Metro Bobcat salesman wanted to drop a CT120 and CT230 (CK 20, CK30)
off at My place for the weekend, no strings attached.

Told him I would when I was ready to make a final decision.

Slack

/ Tractor Shopping
bearhawk said:
When I asked about trying the loader, the reply was "We don't like to get the tractor dirty"

Now the Kioti dealer threw me the key, and said "The dirt pile is out back, have fun and let me know if you have any questions."

Now 200 hours later... I still enjoy my Kioti...

I have yet to find a dealer who would let me do anything other than drive around the lot. Personally, I would like to actually "use" the tractor to see how it performs the tasks I need it to do. Driving it around the lot doesn't tell me squat.

If a dealer had let me play in the dirt or even better, dropped a tractor off at my house for me to try out over the weekend, his chances for a sale would have increased exponentially.

/ Tractor Shopping #26  
wvtechs said:
I have yet to find a dealer who would let me do anything other than drive around the lot. Personally, I would like to actually "use" the tractor to see how it performs the tasks I need it to do. Driving it around the lot doesn't tell me squat.

If a dealer had let me play in the dirt or even better, dropped a tractor off at my house for me to try out over the weekend, his chances for a sale would have increased exponentially.

Some dealers will do that.
If you tell us where you are located then somebody might reply with a good dealer in your area.

Enjoy your tractor shopping..

/ Tractor Shopping #27  
Robert6401 said:
Whats wrong with test drives? I plan to try and test drive to help make my decision between HST and gear.

Nothing wrong with them.

Actually you need to try a tractor to see how it fits you.

Thats how I ended up with the Kioti. Ergonomics were great, loader handle felt comfortable and natural. I actually brought the wife to try out the HST.

It was an easy sell to the CFO after that..

/ Tractor Shopping #28  
I had a Kioti dealer offer to deliver and loan me a tractor for a weekend. I thought that was a great offer. however he did not have a tractor as large as I was looking for. But dealers do things like that for serious buyers were they want the sale. You would think that dealers would have a demo tractor or tractors for just that reason. It seems to me that with their insurance coverage and I am sure they would have some type of write off for this practice. I could be wrong:D

/ Tractor Shopping #29  
Robert6401 said:

I agree with the others.. A good dealer.. that really wants the sale.. that knows that you are serious, should offer to let you use the tractor.. at least on their lot, if not as a demo on yours. my local CNH dealer keeps a pile of sand on his lot for loader try-outs..

soundguy