Tractor smoking

/ Tractor smoking #24  
Thanks for you answer. I started the tractor and let it run 30 minutes before I starting doing work with it. The picture of the smoke I posted was about 2 hours after it was started so the engine had plenty of time to get to temperature. I will get some fuel elsewhere and give that a try. FYI the oil was changed 2 months ago I use a semi synthetic blend 10W30, replaced the air filter and fuel filter. If the fuel doesn't fix the issue I will have the dealer pick it up. It has smoked before but never this bad, the dealer removed 2 shims off the fuel pump and the injector pump was recalled last year they replaced it. Thanks for the advice 👍
Well, that's new temperature information. If you warmed it up to that extent, then you are aware of the engine temperature.

Likewise, the fuel pump modifications !? are all new information and the only thing I have to offer is that when a fuel pump is removed or opened. one always has to suspect the seal to the pump drive.
Since most dealers do not have a techncian or equipment to do anything other than simply replace fuel pumps, we rarely talk about that here.

The new oils and filters probably have no effect.

rScotty

/ Tractor smoking #25  
Usually 10W30 is used in a gas car or pickup and most folks use
15W40 for the diesel tractors and pickups
Maybe the 10W30 is too light?

willy

/ Tractor smoking #26  
Usually 10W30 is used in a gas car or pickup and most folks use
15W40 for the diesel tractors and pickups
Maybe the 10W30 is too light?

willy
10W30 us being used and recommended in a lot of the new diesels. My nephew has a mini skid steer with a Kubota D902 that the skid manufacture calls for 10w30. The kubota manual says depending on temperature. 10w, 20w, 30w, 10w30, 10w40, or 15w40 but says that anything heavier than 10w30 may result in engine damage.

/ Tractor smoking #27  
Rotella T6 5/40 syn has been my choice for years. i'd choose it over the above examples
OP: best of luck determining the problem

/ Tractor smoking #28  
10w30 C* for diesels has been used in Bobcat, New Holland and other skidsteers for a long time as it can be used in the hydraulics as well as the engine.

Something has changed in the OPs engine to allow oil into the combustion chamber to produce blue smoke, most likely a seal leak.

/ Tractor smoking #29  
10w30 C* for diesels has been used in Bobcat, New Holland and other skidsteers for a long time as it can be used in the hydraulics as well as the engine.

Something has changed in the OPs engine to allow oil into the combustion chamber to produce blue smoke, most likely a seal leak.

That's right. The new info points to burning oil; most likely a failed seal. The injector pump went to the head of the list, and the oil & fuel suddenly became less important when the OP posted some more info:

"If the fuel doesn't fix the issue I will have the dealer pick it up.
It has smoked before but never this bad, the dealer removed 2 shims off the fuel pump
and the injector pump was recalled last year they replaced it."

With that in mind, I'd probably start with having the dealer pick it up. It wouldn't surprise me to find that he simply replaces both of those parts with new. Fuel lift pumps - if it has one - are inexpensive, and diesel injector pumps are not serviceable by most dealer shops.

rScotty

/ Tractor smoking #30  
Rotella T6 5/40 syn has been my choice for years. i'd choose it over the above examples
OP: best of luck determining the problem
Have uses T4 15w40 in the tractor for years. Switched to T5 15w40 last oil change. will be using T6 10w30 in the mini skid