Flail Mower Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #1  

napabavarian

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3830
I just thought I'd pass this tidbit on, I was in TSC yesterday, an hour and fifteen minute drive on a fast day, but a friend was headed near by, so we checked it out and I looked at my future new rototiller, but then I saw it, a Caroni TM1900 flail mower! I asked and the salesman said that they carry the 5' and the 6' mowers, and might be able to special order others, but he couldn't tell me if the 5' was the TL1500 or the TM1600, if you live near a TSC it is a fair bit cheaper than shiping one from Agri Supply.

Also, he said that there is a new store in Dixon CA, a customer said it was at Von Rd and highway 113, I'm not sure if the spelling on Von is correct, but it should be a start, I don't see that store on their website yet, so maby this will help someone out :D

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA
Update!

I found a map, it looks like the proper spelling is Vaughn Rd and highway 113 :rolleyes:

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #3  
You must of went to the Ukiah store, when I was there they only had the 1900 (75") and the guy knew nothing of the others and it was just too big for 30 horse......Oh well, had to order mine from Agri!
The 1200 is 48"; 1300 is 52", 1500 is 59", 1600 is 63", odd sizes but that's metrics for ya!

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA
I was out in Woodland, and while the guy didn't know much he spent plenty of time going through their computers to find out as much as possible.

I figured that the 5' mower could be 59" or 63", but no model number in the 'puter :confused:

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #5  
DirtHauler said:
You must of went to the Ukiah store, when I was there they only had the 1900 (75") and the guy knew nothing of the others and it was just too big for 30 horse......Oh well, had to order mine from Agri!
The 1200 is 48"; 1300 is 52", 1500 is 59", 1600 is 63", odd sizes but that's metrics for ya!

I run the TM1900 behind my 31 hp Kubota with no problems. The load on the tractor is considerately less than a rotary cutter. If you get into heavy brush just slow your forward speed to give it more time to beat it to mulch.

Vernon

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #6  
I'm thinking about getting a TM1900, but I adjust the height of cut on the go alot, With the Caroni, do you have to lower the back roller and raise your 3PT lift. Or can you you just extend the top link. The only problem I see is gear box could get a bit out of level, what's in the manual about adjusting cut height??? BTW, 2000 bucks plus shipping and tax from TSC, and 1850 from Agri Supply including shipping and no tax.

Vince

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #7  
Here's a better pic of the extension I put on the "breather" of my Coroni to stop the oil mess.

Attachments

• Coroni extension.jpg
    Coroni extension.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,487
   / Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #8  
They will have them for a year or two; then they will disappear from the TSC landscape. They can't seem to keep an implement line around long. I won't buy anything from TSC that requires long-term support.

RickB said:
I won't buy anything from TSC that requires long-term support.

TSC is kind of like Harbor Freight, the tools do the job, they are cheap for a reason; if you want quallity and long term parts availibility then spending $6,000 at a dealer is the ticket, if you just need it to do the trick for a few years then the cheaper tool does the trick, $1400 vs $6000 on a flail mower, I expect to get what I pay for :D

/ Tractor Supply Company now carries Caroni flail mowers, and new store in Dixon CA #10  
I am not dissing Caroni mowers, they make a fairly good unit. Just plan on having to go to someplace like Agri-Supply in a year or two for parts cause they will be just a memory at TSC by then. Anyone that buys a finish or flail mower should reasonably expect to buy an OEM gauge wheel, belt, or set of blades from the selling dealer 5 years down the road if both dealer and manufacturer are still around. TSC will dump Caroni as soon as someone else comes along with mowers for a nickle less and quality will not be a factor.