Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe...

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #11  
TSC employees earn an average of $12.96/hour, which is approximately 60% higher than the federal minimum wage.

Many states have a higher minimum. Ours is 12.75, and we aren't what I would call a "rich" state. There are definitely two Maines, and the State House is in the lower tip of the state which is also where many residents commute to Boston daily.

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #12  
Many states have a higher minimum. Ours is 12.75, and we aren't what I would call a "rich" state. There are definitely two Maines, and the State House is in the lower tip of the state which is also where many residents commute to Boston daily.
Here, I'd say minimum wage is about $15.

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #16  
I consider TSC to be the last place to buy anything I need. Especially power equipment. They don't have a clue about assembly or anything else and like I said, the minimum wage 'associates' don't care anyway.
I don't go there often, but there's some stuff no one else in the area carries. I like their Blue Mountain jeans, and no one has better prices on cat food/litter.
I used to like the old “Agway” stores.
There are still a couple around here, but a lot of them have closed in the past 7-8 years, and the one closest seems to have more useless crap like dog toys than they do anything ag. Was a good chain once.

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #17  
Was a good chain once.
Agway was, but places like TSC put them away. There is a good feed store chain downstate called "Paris Farmer's Union" https://www.parisfarmersunion.com/aboutus.asp which is a pretty well stocked local chain. That's where I ordered my turkey poults last year for about 2/3 of what anyplace else was selling them for; and where my turkeys and meat chicks are coming from this year.
They sometimes cost more than the bigger guys but also are better stocked; I don't mind paying a bit extra if it keeps them around.
Actually the closest store is about 125 miles away from me, but there are two within a few miles of my mother's house when I go down to visit.

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #18  
Not to mention that TSC has to have the worst search feature of any retail web site. Search for a 1 1/2 inch valve and you get 80 some items most of which are tire valve stems for instance. Or 1/2 inch hydraulic hose and you get thread sealant.

The good thing about TSC is a lot of their products are free or must be since they are never priced.

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #19  
I certainly know I can buy better seed elsewhere but like last night saw some $165/50#. I can't justify that.
That is cheap compared to what I pay for certified vernal alfalfa seed. Last 50 pound sack I bought last year was 235 bucks.

/ Tractor Supply seed snafu, hard to believe... #20  
TSC employees earn an average of $12.96/hour, which is approximately 60% higher than the federal minimum wage.
I don't consider $12.65 an hour to be a living wage and probably why you only see younger people working there and a big turnover as well. I'm sure 'new hires' don't get that either and probably no benefits either.

Never never get a TSC credit card unless you pay the balance in full every month or use one of their 'pay no interest for 12 month plans'. Their finance charge on an unpaid balance is over 25%.

I will say that TSC is less expensive on bird seed and suet blocks than anyone else around here. Wife buys bird seed and suet blocks there so she can feed to birds who crap on my car all the time...

The do have a pretty good selection of generic tractor parts too but most of them are Chineseum from what I see.