Tractor supply selling Yanmar

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #21  
It wasn't quite that simple. JD 850 was a YM2500 but with the Powershift replaced by a manual transmission.

Actually, the YM2500 is the JD850 just painted JD green. They are identical. The YM2610 based on those 2 has the power shift. Likewise, the YM4300 is the JD1050 just painted JD green as well. There was a 3rd machine as well, but I've forgotten the exact match in the F/FX series Fredrick's told me about.

Otherwise, many of the YM and JD 50-series are close siblings, but not exact matches.

I had owned a JD850. Visited Fredrick's for getting a replacement engine. Looked at the YM2500. All the SAME. Then I was offered the YM2610 for just a tad bit more with the power shift and multi-speed PTO. I thought, well, it has the SAME engine as the other 2, why not as it provided a 'live' PTO over the JD850 or YM2500.

I had traded in my non-running JD850. Fredrick's 100% restored it from a container gray market YM2500. PLUS, they added all the modern safety hardware vs. the older type on the machine. The foldable ROPs and the PTO shield were not that way prior.
It would sell for a much higher dollar. They did an awesome job with it. Very impressive.
photo 5sm.jpg
photo 1sm.jpg
photo 2sm.jpg
photo 3sm.jpg

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #22  
Actually, the YM2500 is the JD850 just painted JD green. They are identical. The YM2610 based on those 2 has the power shift. Likewise, the YM4300 is the JD1050 just painted JD green
Thanks for the update!

Wow they did a nice job on your old 850.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #23  
Ditto on that.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #24  
Very nicely done!

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #25  
I will have to say that taking on an existing line of tractors as opposed to having tractors rebranded Like Cabellas and Rural King did makes way more sense. If for some reason Tractor Supply decides it was not a good business decision their customers will STILL have the support of Yanmar.

That wasn't the case with the Cabellas branded TYM tractors and probably would be the case if Rural King decided to get out.

I don't understand why both companies didn't just become TYM dealers as opposed to committing to do all the support and warranty work in house. Just for name sake? Crazy!

Went to a Rural King to buy a cheap tiller Tuesday. Wife got to looking at the RK37 and said we should buy it. I told her if I WERE to buy a TYM tractor it would be branded TYM. Not sure that would be much better but hopefully parts will remain available for a while.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #26  
Went to a Rural King to buy a cheap tiller Tuesday. Wife got to looking at the RK37 and said we should buy it. I told her if I WERE to buy a TYM tractor it would be branded TYM. Not sure that would be much better but hopefully parts will remain available for a while.

Yanmar made some of the Cub Cadet compact tractors. After CC exited with Yanmar, Yanmar still honored the parts and service.

The RK venture is TYM with Yanmar engines. I really like that RK37 with cab and grapple setup. Yanmar would have engine parts. The open question is TYM here in the USA for the rest of the tractor.

It seems full circle now for TSC to offer Yanmars a second time in company history.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #27  
Yanmar made some of the Cub Cadet compact tractors. After CC exited with Yanmar, Yanmar still honored the parts and service.

The RK venture is TYM with Yanmar engines. I really like that RK37 with cab and grapple setup. Yanmar would have engine parts. The open question is TYM here in the USA for the rest of the tractor.

It seems full circle now for TSC to offer Yanmars a second time in company history.

I think the RK37 is the only one left using a Yanmar engine. All the others are Kujuki or something like that.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #28  
I think the RK37 is the only one left using a Yanmar engine. All the others are Kujuki or something like that.

RK24 & RK37 were Yanmar. The larger machines used another brand of engine.

The nice thing is, if you buy a regular Yanmar, the warranty is longer. And it's possible TSC knows this vs. Rural King with TYM.

TYM came to the USA in 2004. Yanmar was here in the late 70s, stopped for awhile, and then came back.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #29  
...Yanmar was here in the late 70s, stopped for awhile, and then came back.
I like to say 'stopped during the era they built all the Deere under 50 hp tractors sold in the U.S.'. (Was it all?) If someone is just beginning to learn about tractors, I think including this Deere link illustrates that Yanmar builds world-class quality.