Tractor supply selling Yanmar

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #11  
They don't differentiate selling vs servicing dealers when you use their dealer locator. Their dealer locator lists several Tractor Supply locations as dealers. Any reputable tractor manufacturer would not license a selling dealer that doesn't have service or a servicing dealer nearby.

Tractors are not like lawn mowers. I understand you can buy some box store model John Deeres at Lowes but John Deere has dealers all over. The John Deere mowers at our Lowes actually have decals on them from the local servicing dealer so they are in cahoots from the beginning.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #12  
I gave careful consideration of Yanmar early this year before going with Kubota. Their dealerships was the deciding factor NOT to buy Yanmar. To many were in old gas stations or less than 10 units on their lot. Saw some that I doubt had any service department. I was told Yanmar was being very careful in selecting their dealerships...I found that hard to believe. With the end of some brands there were several fine long term dealerships in my general area. None of them became Yanmar dealerships. I did have conversation with a rep trying to get comfortable with what I was finding with their dealerships. Them being a TSC product like their chain saws or mowers fits my impression of Yanmar and their long term plans. Don't believe they really have any. Sad for they really seem to have a great product.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #13  
It took me 5 visits to have them idiots figure out how to order a king kutter dump trailer from there .:mad: They kept telling me we can't order it. Finally I met with a regional manager who said I had to call corporate and get a skew # and then they could order it . Kind a felt like I was inconvinceing them . Pretty bad for a 2700.00 $ sale :confused2:Kan't imagine how they would F>U> a tractor sale.:drink:

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #14  
TractorGuy, You are correct, they do not differentiate. The reason that Yanmar is with HD and TS is to have high visibility for their name and the tractors with hopes that it will eventually produce additional retail sales. Some of the HD's do some small services, but the company that Yanmar went thru, Compact Power, which HD bought, to get the tractor & the small excavator in HD'S was suppose to be able to service them as they have service vans around the country. Not working out completely. The reason you see a
local dealers decal on the tractor is the the manuf has given the dealer an agreed upon amount to handle warranty because the dealer was not involved in the sale and will hopefully make it on the service end

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #15  
If you were to go around and ck dealerships, you would be correct on what the dealer looks like and what if any they have in way of service, sales, parts. It is all sales related in setting up a dealer, if they will order a few, they are good to go, service does not have a say, Seen dealers with no service area, shop, no parts at all, no nothing but they ordered 5=6 machines, they were signed up, why anyone would stop is beyond me, and you would be correct on old gas stations

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #16  
Going BACK YEARS to 1978, TSC actually sold TRACTORS and that brand was Yanmar. They offered the Yanmar YM 3-digit US machines for about 4 or so years. Then Yanmar stopped as machines were then created for John Deere and painted JD green.

At one time, my Pa had a TSC brochure showing several Yanmar models parked outside a TSC store with all kinds of models and tractor implements. Wish I would have saved that years ago. Tried looking on the web, but no dice.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #17  
Going BACK YEARS to 1978, TSC actually sold TRACTORS and that brand was Yanmar. They offered the Yanmar YM 3-digit US machines for about 4 or so years. Then Yanmar stopped as machines were then created for John Deere and painted JD green.

At one time, my Pa had a TSC brochure showing several Yanmar models parked outside a TSC store with all kinds of models and tractor implements. Wish I would have saved that years ago. Tried looking on the web, but no dice.

I knew John Deere used and still uses some Yanmar engines but never knew they just painted any Yanmar tractors green and rebadged them John Deere.

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #18  
I knew John Deere used and still uses some Yanmar engines but never knew they just painted any Yanmar tractors green and rebadged them John Deere.
It wasn't quite that simple. JD 850 was a YM2500 but with the Powershift replaced by a manual transmission. Other Deere's aren't as close a match. They were manufactured on Yanmar's assembly lines to Deere specs and used a lot of Yanmar components.

I like to think my YM240 (mid 70's design) was the specific model sold here that spooked Deere into contracting Yanmar in return for Yanmar departing the US market - because Deere looked at that and couldn't exceed its quality. :)

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #19  
They not only mostly just painted them green, they demanded Yanmar stop selling Yanmar's in the US, and Yanmar complied.

SR

/ Tractor supply selling Yanmar #20  
They not only mostly just painted them green, they demanded Yanmar stop selling Yanmar's in the US, and Yanmar complied.

SR

Yup, their exclusivity contract must have expired allowing Yanmar to sell their own brand of tractors in the U.S.. There used to be a dealer in Hamilton, MI as recently as 2 years ago but now the Yanmar dealer locator doesn't show a dealer in Hamilton. I would love a YT359 with the iHMT transmission!