Tractor will cost me a dozen cats

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #1  

JP11

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518
Well, I found the key to getting a GOOD tractor.

My wife said something like.. she needed a expensive hobby.. if I was going to be allowed to get a tractor. IE -- TC40DA.

She is a big animal lover. We have a couple of dogs that are as close to kids as we are ever going to get. She had a couple of cats when we met.. but I am alergic, and she had to get others to adopt them.

Now.. All she wants is a "Catery" A little 9X12 shed or so (heated) with a small cat door leading out to a tight boxwire enclosed outdoor play area.

Cant be more than 1500 bucks cost there!! What a deal. Even if I went whole hog, and built it on a slab, and put in a propane monitor heater.. I'm still into it for under 3k.. AND no stinkin cats to make me sneeze or eyes water.

Cats never get to come into the house... and she has em close by to play with. Once a year check ups, and propane for the heater.. a grand a year.. and I'm in business for all the seat time I can handle.

Deal on the land should get wrapped up within the month. Just under 70 acres... wooded. Going to have a 3000' driveway.

Can't wait to start planning, building, tractoring. Have to settle for seat time on my 21HP cub until then.

So.. want a tractor.. make a deal with your wife!!

JP

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #2  
Where are you? I have plenty of kittens this spring to give away that will start your wife out very good. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #3  
I'll keep my predictions to myself, but I wish you "Good Luck"

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats
We won't be building till next fall. so... gotta find somewhere else for your litter.

Wife knows she is a bit over the top when it comes to animals. I have had to always draw the line with cats. They just make me sneeze like crazy. My wife is one of those kind of people who will try and catch a hornet in her hand to let it out of the house.

She knows I have a tractor weakness. I think I'm better off spending 30k on a tractor than a boat. Being in Maine, the tractor is a year round machine. Boat is a couple of months at best.

Just thought I would share a humorous story of "CFO negotiations". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JP

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #5  
Please find enclosed, two cats to help you get started. I'm sure Vermin and Vector will love their new home.

A f(r)iend's wife did that; she set up a cattery in an unused outbuilding. John put a sign over the door, "Kate's cathouse."

I think he's been released from the hospital, now.

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #6  
Currmudgeon: After he builds her the cathouse, he could stock it with the kind that he ISN'T allergic to. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Of course, maybe that's not what the wife had in mind: He did say that it was she who wanted to play with them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just a thought ......

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #7  
Now that is a good deal - when everyone comes out happy you know it's meant to be. A Cat House on your property... is that legal where you are??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A Cat House on your property... is that legal where you are??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I doubt it....but I think I know where the summer TBN picnic should be..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #9  
Yep... my last antique tractor purchase also brought two little foo-foo dogs for the wife into the house... Not sure whether i came out on top of that one or not..

Soundguy

/ Tractor will cost me a dozen cats #10  
well I don't recall anywhere in the negoations that the cats had to be ALIVE! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ok I like cats too, taste like chicken! :x

we have ONE cat she is pretty good at getting rid of mice moles birds rabbits and any thing else she can catch. and she is a small cat. (she WON'T go out in open ground much as we have a RED TAIL HAWK on the property) not sure how she learnt NOT to go out with out protection! lol Watched the red tail get a rabbit a week ago. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

the bad thing is she ralphs up just about anythying she catches as she over stuffs herself to the point of barfing... :x

saterday the wife found out she had done it on the lawn mower seat! :gggrrrr

Mark M