Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #71  
Don,
It was great seeing all Y'all yesterday. Truly it was a sad/happy time.
hugs, Brandi

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #72  
Please delete if not appropriate, but this is what Mikes son posted on his FB page. It moved me and I wanted to share it with those that new Mike

"Dad, I finished putting new blades on the mower and mowed the front pasture. Thanks for bringing the clouds in. Shade was nice. Jimmy got around the house and the big oaks. Larry helped me change the water filter in the well house. I borrowed your truck for a couple of days. Mines in the shop. I know, I know it's a Chevy...but I like it, so..... I'm struggling Dad. I'm dying inside. I don't know why God called you home so early. I'm guessing he had chores that needed to be done. You always said yall were close and that "hard work is good for the soul". I'm mad at God right now, but he knows I still love him. I'm thankful he sent you to be my Dad. I got your lessons down. Work hard, be thankful, help others but don't be a crutch, and love your family. Bernice told me how you "tested" the electric fence. Said you bent down and zapped your forehead lol! We got a laugh outta that. smile emoticon Bernice misses you. We're loving on her as much as we can. We got people coming to the house next week to see you off. BBQ with Friends and family. You made quite an impression down here. I guess I can see why God took notice. Ill bring the boys by more often to visit with Bernice. I know youll be there too. In the rumble of a tractor, swaying of the trees with the breeze. The wild berries u planted, and the joy the grandkids get riding the buggy around the fields. Give Aunt Paige and Grandma a hug and kiss for me. Tell Daniel and Janet their brother loves and misses them. And watch out for Grandpa! I'm sure he's gonna give you a run for you money now haha!...... I love you SO much....you're my hero.....anyway, I know you've got fields of gold to tend to....I'll see you when my chores are through down here.
feeling heartbroken."
What a true reflection of memory and grief and love. My thoughts and prayers go to them. Sad news, just saw this thread today.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #73  
Its been some time since I logged in .... truly sad and Mike will be missed. RIP

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #74  
Mikim's grandson Trevor, came to church this morning. A family that has a son his age brings him along on a semi-regular basis.

He seems to be doing quite well with Bernice "nana". He said school is going OK. We exchanged fist bumps, hand shakes, and most importantly hugs. I introduced him to our county's district attorney, and later told the attorney some of his story, and that I thought he was an exceptionally good young man. ( He might not want me to tell y'all this but he is also going to a Cotillion type school to practice his gentleman politeness.)

I will text Bernice and thank her for letting him come to church. He is scheduled to go to Camp Eagle with our youth group this summer, which is a great Christian Youth camp located in the Texas Hill Country. The kids hold fundraisers, the parents help, but I believe that our church is sponsoring Trevor to go.

I can tell that Mikim and Bernice's love, and attention to detail, has made a great contribution to this young man's path.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #75  
Glad to hear that Kyle. I know Mike is looking down on him, smiling.
hugs, Brandi

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #76  
Thanks for the update. I used to keep up with Mike on Facebook, but since his passing, his page no longer exists, so it's nice to hear how his family is doing.