Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,691  
So the title of the thread is "tractors & wood" but since it doesn't clarify, here is my "tractor & wood" pic from this weekend!View attachment 787144

They were too long to fit up driveway sideways, so I ratchet strapped the log arch to one end, then made a choker on this end, hooked it to the bucket and backed them right up the hill. I used the forks (sitting in the bucket) to get them off the ground for rigging the straps. Worked great, tracked straight, and made it around the corners no problem.

Good method to keep them out of the mud and snow (y) What are you building Loader ?

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,692  
I cut an opening, leaving the top and two bottom rings intact. I can reasonably easily access the entire contents and the cage is still plenty strong for holding the wood secure.
Another problem I have with them is, they are too small!! I wish they were twice as wide!

I MUCH prefer these,

Resized-20221028-154604-S.jpg

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,693  
Good method to keep them out of the mud and snow (y) What are you building Loader ?

gg
Yes, they stayed clean and unharmed. The truck did more damage unloading them!
They are for a main girder in my garage, I don't want a column in the middle.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,695  
So the title of the thread is "tractors & wood" but since it doesn't clarify, here is my "tractor & wood" pic from this weekend!View attachment 787144

They were too long to fit up driveway sideways, so I ratchet strapped the log arch to one end, then made a choker on this end, hooked it to the bucket and backed them right up the hill. I used the forks (sitting in the bucket) to get them off the ground for rigging the straps. Worked great, tracked straight, and made it around the corners no problem.
That looks like wood to me, and a tractor to lift/move it. It seems you are in the right thread! 👍 Somebody has already asked what you are building, so I won't duplicate his post. ;)

ArgH! I type slow, and see you already replied.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,697  
I only have one of these and am actively searching for more. I handle my wood too much (what did I say) anyway, with my loader forks for moving I like them. I cut the one I have just as you have. Plans are to go right from the splitter into the bins. I have some metal lying around looking for a project, planning a simple open sided drying covered area for these totes.

Mike
I'm up to 16 of them, I was fortunate to find a warehouse where I bought 8 in one shot. They had biodegradable face paint in them. They would buy these big totes full, then break it down into smaller containers to sell to big theaters for the actors makeup. I got a few that had mulch dye in them, they were a mess, the dye stained everything, from clothes to my boots etc. Would not recommend them unless you want stain everywhere!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,698  
I'm up to 16 of them, I was fortunate to find a warehouse where I bought 8 in one shot. They had biodegradable face paint in them. They would buy these big totes full, then break it down into smaller containers to sell to big theaters for the actors makeup. I got a few that had mulch dye in them, they were a mess, the dye stained everything, from clothes to my boots etc. Would not recommend them unless you want stain everywhere!
I found someone with two about a 1/2hour drive from me tonight on Marketplace, if it pans out I’m picking them up in the morning for $20 each.
Mike

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,699  
Another problem I have with them is, they are too small!! I wish they were twice as wide!

I MUCH prefer these,

Resized-20221028-154604-S.jpg

SR
I’m not worthy, well my tractor isn’t anyway, pretty sure she couldn’t lift that pallet. That’s a beast!
Mike

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,700  
I’m not worthy, well my tractor isn’t anyway, pretty sure she couldn’t lift that pallet. That’s a beast!
Mike
The boxes hold a half cord, I can fill them right off the splitter,

Resized-20220316-134743-S.jpg

my tractor has no problem handling them.

SR