Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,561  
It's a Uniforest 35, sold by Hud-Son out in New York. It's different to use than the Fransgard which I had for 10 years; among other things it has a clutch brake similar to a skidder, rather than the ratchet type found on the Fransgard and Farmi. Time will tell if it will hold up.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,562  
They have some nice toy's!
I bought a "wedge/socket" for my winch cable end from Hud Son that's also another chain hook. It's easy to remove & re use if you damage the working end of your cable and need to cut a little off.

Swivel End Fitter - T3.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,563  
Unfortunately I've already done that; I had a whiplash and ended up trashing the middle of my cable. I must have lost about 135' of my 230' cable; but I was able to knock out the swage, remove the end and put it back onto the shortened cable. It took me less time to do it, than to walk back to the house for my pickup and torches.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,564  
The wedge socket is "beautifully" simple. I've got 4 slides above it and never had any trouble with it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,565  
I bought a "wedge/socket" for my winch cable end from Hud Son that's also another chain hook. It's easy to remove & re use if you damage the working end of your cable and need to cut a little off.

View attachment 544275

That right there looks like the way to go !! No more Flemish Eyes and cable clamps.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,566  

View attachment 544275

How does it work? I've never seen one before.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,567  
How does it work? I've never seen one before.
Here are a couple of pictures. I should have burn the cable end to keep it from fraying, but I was working on the side of the road with 100 feet of cable strewn about, and wanted to get back to work.

Attachments

• KIMG0354.jpg
    KIMG0354.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 153
  • KIMG0355.jpg
    KIMG0355.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 195
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,568  

View attachment 544275

Thats the best design I've seen in fact it's so great it became a top secret cable logging acesserry that Hud-Son dont even have it listed on the website, must have be a special Hud-Son member to acquire it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #5,569  
They're a funny company to do business with. Dorr's in Bangor used to be a distributer but Hud-Son is going to all mail order with free delivery. I agreed to pick it up if they threw in a couple choker chains; it took me several e-mails and phone calls to get the chokers.