Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #951  
Buddy has a pile of new pallets so we changed an old design I had for a wood crib. Now only 4 structural screws to remove and replace bottom pallet when it rots and that can take awhile. The key is to find free pallets. Won't ever stack wood like this again in bottom photo. Reason for the narrow design is so they fit between wheel wells of truck bed. That way wood could be delivered via standard truck or firewood cut on location at a remote site and transported by pickup truck.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #952  
That is interesting. How many pallet fulls to the cord?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #954  
Are pallets a standard size? I've never measured but they seem to be about 3x3 or 3x4
Well that's a big difference , and you have the side pallets taking up some of the floor space on the bottom pallet. What I want to know are the inside LxWXD dimensions in inches of onceacops finished product ?
Also I can see how those are easy to load and truck in a pickup but if the receiving customer doesn't have tractor and forks how do you unload them?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #955  
Hopefully I didnt post this earlier in this thread and forget but i'm too lazy to look through 96 pages haha.
Here is my wood hauling setup. i've added a couple things to it since these pictures but it hauls all my saws chains straps and can put long logs on top if i run out of room in the box and cut them up when i get back.

20120922_171002.jpg20130427_100925.jpg20130427_100946.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #956  
Hopefully I didnt post this earlier in this thread and forget but i'm too lazy to look through 96 pages haha.
Here is my wood hauling setup. i've added a couple things to it since these pictures but it hauls all my saws chains straps and can put long logs on top if i run out of room in the box and cut them up when i get back.

View attachment 412736View attachment 412737View attachment 412738

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #957  

View attachment 412736View attachment 412737View attachment 412738

Looks like your wider then the out to out of your rear tires. Are your woods open and flat enough so that isn't a problem? Nice looking job by the way.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #958  
Sometimes pallets are of different dimensions, I got these free so went with them. Finished dimension is 47'Lx34Wx44H for a total of 70312"... If a chord is 4x4x8' that computes to 221184".... Of course there is lost space in the log stacking but some of my wood is sticking out on the sides so some gain there and I sometimes crown the top which makes the stack higher than 44".... 70312>221184"= .32 chord. That sounds about right with loss from open spaces. A little larger would be better

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #959  
The width is 72 inches my bucket is 73 inches so I figured loader doesn't fix the tail won't fit haha. Where I am cutting is pretty open so it's never been a problem. Thanks, It was a fun build and I keep adding little holders to it as I think of tools and fuel tanks I want to bring with.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #960  
IMG_3527-1.jpg

These pallets were placed outside and have a larger capacity but like the idea of fitting in a pickup. Will just need to make sure if I haul wood there is a machine with forks at my destination. With green wood this Terex PT60 was light on the back side