Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,312  
That's what I thought - who needs a carry-all when you have a big mower

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,313  
Cut up the rest of a blown down locust today. Some fire wood and another 10' pole.

Looks like you could add some stake pockets for removable sides to increase your carrying capacity. I'll give you an A for creativity. My BH27 is a smooth top you'd spend more time picking up pieces that rolled off than actually moving wood.
1462966179805.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,314  
I've carried some heavy "stuff" on my rotary cutter, but I leave the cutter down, with the tail wheel on the ground, so as not to POUND the 3 points hydraulics...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,315  
ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1463003044.272204.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1463003089.686440.jpg

Spent my day cleaning up this mess. EF-1 came through dad's place yesterday. All fence and tree damage. About 1/3 cleaned up. Just cutting to log length and trimming limbs. Dad can sort and cut to firewood later.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,316  
Carrying capacity is limited... I was careful to not stack under the drive shaft, easily bent when raised up. Wanted rear ballast due to pole and bucket full of firewood.

I have thought of adding something to aid in additional carrying capacity in such situations. One if these days...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,317  
Yeah, we had some fun but at the same time we are glad it is done. I am suprised how well my splitter did with my homemade 4 way. I got a video of splitting some hickory with it but I accidentally deleted all my photos and videos on my phone today.

Man that sucks, you have my condolences- Our desktop died and took a lot of stuff [I thought] I had backed up, but when I tried to reload them, no soap, so I know how frustrating and what a pita that is.

Do you have backups?

Good luck with them.

Ever since the computer died, I've been storing pictures and such disseminated to several online servers and a couple of spare HDD's now.

Thomas

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,318  
View attachment 468219View attachment 468220

Spent my day cleaning up this mess. EF-1 came through dad's place yesterday. All fence and tree damage. About 1/3 cleaned up. Just cutting to log length and trimming limbs. Dad can sort and cut to firewood later.

As long as everyone is OK, that's what really matters.

Looks like a lot of scary twisted splintery stuff to cut up, but I bet it'll burn well for him.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,319  
As long as everyone is OK, that's what really matters.

Looks like a lot of scary twisted splintery stuff to cut up, but I bet it'll burn well for him.

Yeah. Everyone is ok. Missed all structures by 100 yards or more. Has since been upgraded to an EF-2. NWS is still surveying though. Cleanup is on hold. 1.5 inches of rain overnight. Too muddy now.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #3,320  
Man that sucks, you have my condolences- Our desktop died and took a lot of stuff [I thought] I had backed up, but when I tried to reload them, no soap, so I know how frustrating and what a pita that is.

Do you have backups?

Good luck with them.

Ever since the computer died, I've been storing pictures and such disseminated to several online servers and a couple of spare HDD's now.

Thomas

Thanks, Thomas. I normally upload my videos to youtube but I did not this time. I downloaded some new video editing software and i was going to try it on them. Most of the pictures had been backed up to Photobucket but 2 were somewhat important. I tried all kinds of stuff and I could not recover them. It looks like it will take more time than what it is worth, and I have wasted a lot now.