Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,951  
I'm sure there is a law somewhere but had to drag it home only about 15 miles and buddies house is only 5 miles away. We also see maybe 1 sheriff a month around here

As long as the equipment is secured, I'm not gonna sweat the small crap

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,952  
With heating season in full swing..... I was out gathering firewood today with my trusty mule. Pics of any tractor with logs split or not welcome:) my mighty bx said , the oil man can kiss my #%^.

View attachment 360389
When I was still heating with wood (before my wood-fired boiler split a seam) most of my work in the woods was with one of my Jonsered Iron Horse units. They can go where no tractor can. Some of these logs were destined for my woodmizer sawmill rather than for firewood

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 101_6591.JPG
    101_6591.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 101_6591.JPG-s.jpg
    101_6591.JPG-s.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
  • 100_0651_s.jpg
    100_0651_s.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 140
  • 100_0217_s.jpg
    100_0217_s.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 144
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,953  
When I was still heating with wood (before my wood-fired boiler split a seam) most of my work in the woods was with one of my Jonsered Iron Horse units. They can go where no tractor can. Some of these logs were destined for my woodmizer sawmill rather than for firewood
I could use this.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,954  
A tractor dealer here sold those, the parts guy said they came in one Monday, and there were tracks from four guys where they had picked one of those up over the weekend, carried it to their pu and stole it! lol

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,955  
Start of 4th load of sawlogs and 3rd load of pulp.
This particular wood lot is filled with wolf, bully and other "trash" trees so mostly pulp coming out with the odd sawlog.
This is part of our forest management plan which encompasses our entire 50 acre parcel.

Attachments

• pulp.JPG
    pulp.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
  • pulp1.JPG
    pulp1.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,956  
Start of 4th load of sawlogs and 3rd load of pulp.
This particular wood lot is filled with wolf, bully and other "trash" trees so mostly pulp coming out with the odd sawlog.
This is part of our forest management plan which encompasses our entire 50 acre parcel.
It's a good time to be cutting wood, around here at least. Prices are dropping yet still are at record highs; and many mills have such a dearth of wood stockpiled that we are concerned some might not make it. I would like to take some time off and cut a few loads of wood which is going by... the extra money would be nice. I sure picked the wrong time to quit sniffing glue- er, screw my back up. :D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,957  
That thing is cool, never saw such a thing.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,958  
It's a good time to be cutting wood, around here at least. Prices are dropping yet still are at record highs; and many mills have such a dearth of wood stockpiled that we are concerned some might not make it. I would like to take some time off and cut a few loads of wood which is going by... the extra money would be nice. I sure picked the wrong time to quit sniffing glue- er, screw my back up. :D
Yes, w pine is paying well and I negotiated straight through pricing so I get more for some of the lower grade logs.
Pulp is another story but I have a lot; it pays expenses, keeps the logging waste to a minimum.and meets the requirements of my forest .management plan

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,959  
That thing is cool, never saw such a thing.
They were imported and sold by Jonsered, made by Lennartsfors in Sweden. I bought my first one from a Jonsered dealer locally. It had both a log bunk and a bed with sides and tailgate. It seemed that it never failed to have the "wrong" configuration when I had something I wanted to use it for, and I bought a second one, used, that also had the power winch. As I recall I paid about as much for the second, used, unit as I did for the original new unit, about $8,000. I've never regretted either purchase, and still used them frequently. Jonsered was taken over by Husqvarna, and unfortunately Husqvarna dropped the product from their line and does not stock any parts for them. Fortunately my local Jonsered dealer knows of one or two dealers that still have a stock of some parts for them. They're great little machines. Both of mine have the 5.l5 HP Honda engines, and I've never found them to be lacking power. They were offered with, I believe, 8 hp Honda engines, although I can't see what advantage the extra power would provide.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,960  

Take care of that back - you have a long way to go. Been there.

Prices are still high here too. Hard for me to believe $490/M for fir down to 6" and will take 5". A month ago it was leaving the yard faster than it was coming in but the piles in the yard are starting to grow now.