Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,102  
BX-firewood.jpg

Bringing in the last load. Mostly fir.

Bruce

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,103  
About 50 years old?

I’m not sure! The center of the stump is rotted out, that’s the reason it fell over. I’ll look at some of my splits and try to figure it out!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,104  
I’m not sure! The center of the stump is rotted out, that’s the reason it fell over. I’ll look at some of my splits and try to figure it out!
Just a guess by the size, the bark, and the rot.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,106  
Pictures maybe tomorrow,

But....

I cut to length the last log on the pile today. Some of the sleepers are yet to be cut, but they need washed off to save the saw chain.

I used the Pro=Mac 10-10 today. (heavy, but cuts like a no one;s business) At times I was wishing the thing would just run out of fuel so I could rest. 14 full logs cut to 18 inch length.

All in rounds now,

A session of splitting, then stacking to go yet.
I need a few more pallets.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,107  
I found a good piece, 69 rings 🌲☮️✌🏻
Was there an old scar on the butt of that tree? If not I’d be willing to bet the rest of those for around it would of root rot as well if there’s not a scar on that one.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,108  
Was there an old scar on the butt of that tree? If not I’d be willing to bet the rest of those for around it would of root rot as well if there’s not a scar on that one.

Hey Skeans1,

Have you been over to our place😂😂 you nailed it, no scar, the Fir next to it came down several years back, same problem. This one was next but got hung up on another Fir and was like that for two years, then during a wind storm last winter it came down!
What part of Oregon are you from?
You sound like logger!🌲✌🏻

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,109  
My understanding of root rot in Doug Fir is that it generally transmits from root to root so you see "meadows" formed until other species take up the space or the root rot dies out. If true, this would explain why I seldom see Doug Fir trees in cities die of root rot. All the roads make "islands" out of the root systems so the root rot cannot come in contact with another tree's roots. Those are only my thoughts; I have never seen that documented.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,110  
My understanding of root rot in Doug Fir is that it generally transmits from root to root so you see "meadows" formed until other species take up the space or the root rot dies out. If true, this would explain why I seldom see Doug Fir trees in cities die of root rot. All the roads make "islands" out of the root systems so the root rot cannot come in contact with another tree's roots. Those are only my thoughts; I have never seen that documented.
Somewhat right, it’s a pathogen and will stay in the soil till every scrap of Douglas Fir and Western Hemlock is decayed.