Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,541  
It’s more fun with the gas side, you start looking around for an ignition source in a hurry.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,542  
Splitting some wood today. Just started using IBC totes to store, think it will save me 3-4 "touches". I love cutting wood, not so much throwing it. I use the L3600 to move the totes, and to move the logs with a grapple. The BX 2230 moves smaller stuff and carries wood for the front porch, the wheel barrow is a power barrow, BCS 850, homemade barrow, one of my more useful tools. The splitter is a Tractor Supply Huskee, repowered with a Predator. The crane on the end is a GorillaBac, uses an electric winch to pick up rounds my back would rather not. We heat with an outdoor water stove, the big white house in the background(140 years old) takes 6-10 cords/year. Over 65, I'm trying to make it easier, and the tractor big enough to pick up the totes is a game changer, but it is borderline big enough. Struggles to tilt, will pick it up, but I found out not to pick it up over maybe 2'. Tried to double stack, not a good idea.

Attachments

• ddSq%iPJTxKEwokBF+8W0A.jpg
    ddSq%iPJTxKEwokBF+8W0A.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 103
  • mqk+ox4vQHGYAVu1B1pcAQ.jpg
    mqk+ox4vQHGYAVu1B1pcAQ.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 105
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,544  
Splitting some wood today. Just started using IBC totes to store, think it will save me 3-4 "touches". I love cutting wood, not so much throwing it. I use the L3600 to move the totes, and to move the logs with a grapple. The BX 2230 moves smaller stuff and carries wood for the front porch, the wheel barrow is a power barrow, BCS 850, homemade barrow, one of my more useful tools. The splitter is a Tractor Supply Huskee, repowered with a Predator. The crane on the end is a GorillaBac, uses an electric winch to pick up rounds my back would rather not. We heat with an outdoor water stove, the big white house in the background(140 years old) takes 6-10 cords/year. Over 65, I'm trying to make it easier, and the tractor big enough to pick up the totes is a game changer, but it is borderline big enough. Struggles to tilt, will pick it up, but I found out not to pick it up over maybe 2'. Tried to double stack, not a good idea.
With one tractor, I decided it was worth it to get a pallet fork attachment for the 3 PH. i use a grapple to move logs to the processor.

It has worked out well. I use totes as well but am converting to bulk log bags so I do not need to handle splits until I carry them into the house.

I am 73 and needed to find a way to keep processing firewood as I get older.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,545  
I also like the IBC totes for firewood. Once they are filled with split wood, I'm done handling them by hand until time to burn the wood. I can stack the totes 2 high (I can do 3 high if I run out of space, but don't really like doing it) in my equipment shed. Then when it's time to bring wood to the house, I'm fortunate enough to be able to bring the entire IBC tote (and tractor) into my garage (attached to the house) and set it there and just pull wood out of the tote when I need to fill the wood box in the house (next to the stove). The tote in the garage sits there until empty, and then I swap it out with a full one as needed from the shed with my tractor and forks.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,546  
I have an old dog kennel where I store my firewood not to far from the house that is concrete where I store my wood and I use tge tractor to haul it there and stack it.
IMG_2627.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,548  
I also like the IBC totes for firewood. Once they are filled with split wood, I'm done handling them by hand until time to burn the wood. I can stack the totes 2 high (I can do 3 high if I run out of space, but don't really like doing it) in my equipment shed. Then when it's time to bring wood to the house, I'm fortunate enough to be able to bring the entire IBC tote (and tractor) into my garage (attached to the house) and set it there and just pull wood out of the tote when I need to fill the wood box in the house (next to the stove). The tote in the garage sits there until empty, and then I swap it out with a full one as needed from the shed with my tractor and forks.
That is Cadillacn' right there!