Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,041  
I like the loading forks and new truck Shooter ! How do you keep your bags upright while on the road, or are they stable the way they sit ?

I used to do some log length fire wood (10 footers) with my one-ton. Delivery could be a pain, especially in the spring. People wanted it out back then got mad if you made a rut in their lawn even after you told them it would happen ???

gg
GG,

The bags are quite stable, but I use HD ratchet straps over the top to hold them down. It does not take long to put the straps on or take them off plus I am a bit of a "safety Nazi".

I do not travel the interstate to make deliveries so doing less than 55 mph.
Not enough deliveries to gauge how much rutting will cause a problem but so far no issues. Spring will tell. Good advice to warn them...thanks!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,042  
I went to grapple out the downed tree behind the 3 smaller bulls today. Those three ran into the woods, but the larger one on the right stood his ground. These are Roosevelts, the largest of all elk. Racks are not as large due (I think) to the fact that they adapted to our heavy underbrush. I decided to do something else rather than get off the tractor with that guy acting up.
View attachment 852396
Nice I love to watch the elk when they come on my property, its pretty rare now. Do you ever find any sheds at your place?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,043  
I wish those Elk were in my meadow. I have a land owner tag that's good until the end of March.
Patrick

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,044  
I wish those Elk were in my meadow. I have a land owner tag that's good until the end of March.
Patrick
Wow, you get to hunt landowners? Around here we only get issued white tail doe & buck tags!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,046  
1708030501192.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,047  
I like your backup mirror. Where did you happen to get one? Despite being a younger guy, my neck is still stiff from all the snowplowing lately.
Thanks in advance!
I got a pair of magnetic mirrors for my new TYM. I like them even though I chose a pair that was a little small (5x7).
The magnet seems plenty strong and they don't vibrate or go out of adjustment so far.. I mounted them on the side of the FEL mounts.
There's a wide array of magnetic mirrors available on amazon. I chose these ones because I didn't trust the quality and was only
willing to risk $75 CDN (I think that's about $12 US :) ).

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,048  
I got a pair of magnetic mirrors for my new TYM. I like them even though I chose a pair that was a little small (5x7).
The magnet seems plenty strong and they don't vibrate or go out of adjustment so far.. I mounted them on the side of the FEL mounts.
There's a wide array of magnetic mirrors available on amazon. I chose these ones because I didn't trust the quality and was only
willing to risk $75 CDN (I think that's about $12 US :) ).
:cool: . . . :)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,049  
Oak is one of the few species I can't get to dry enough to burn cleanly in just one summer season of drying here in Vermont. It usually has to go through two summers (and best if it's stacked in single rows out exposed to the sun & wind).

Few woods dry in a reasonable amount of time while still in long log length.
The last two years I was able to stack 10cord each, white oak, separated by year, all started as standing dead. Equilibrium moisture content for around here is 13-15%.
Left, stacked two summers 13-15%. Right, stacked one summer 20-24%. Freshly split, no drying, 30-50%.

Attachments

• image_2024-02-15_190519108.png
    image_2024-02-15_190519108.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 50