Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,081  
Once the days rise above the 40s and/or the nights no longer reach a freezing point, sap production really slows down. You definitely need to remove the taps before the buds open on the trees. Continuing to draw sap after the buds have broken produces a bitter flavor that really ruins the taste of good blueberry pancakes.

Which reminds me... I need to head over to the pancake breakfast being put on by the volunteer fire department in a neighboring town.
Speaking of pancakes with blueberries: my most favorite place to get them has been shut down. In fall and spring there were lines to get in the place. It was the only time they were open for maybe a month to 6 weeks at a time.
Goulds Sugar House in Shelburne Falls Ma. Is no more.
They had the best pc’s l ever had with some secret ingredient or process that they were very tight lipped about.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,084  
My wife and I were in the living room having our late afternoon coffee when she said "What's that in the road down there ?" She grabbed the binoculars - "It's a bob cat !!". I grabbed the camera and took this video thru the window and 60 to 70 yards away.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,085  
My wife and I were in the living room having our late afternoon coffee when she said "What's that in the road down there ?" She grabbed the binoculars - "It's a bob cat !!". I grabbed the camera and took this video thru the window and 60 to 70 yards away.

gg
I see Canada Lynx more often than I see bobcats.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,086  

gg
Nice video Gordon! (y) (y)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,087  

gg
Stop looking at kitty cats and go make the pancakes.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,088  
I see larger than housecat prints in the snow, I've seen a Fisher cat in a tree, but haven't seen an actual bobcat by the house. I saw one next town over at the crest of a hill just off roadside. Neighbor once said "a mountain lion is trying to eat my dog", but I'm pretty sure it was a bobcat since they both lived!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,089  
I see larger than housecat prints in the snow, I've seen a Fisher cat in a tree, but haven't seen an actual bobcat by the house. I saw one next town over at the crest of a hill just off roadside. Neighbor once said "a mountain lion is trying to eat my dog", but I'm pretty sure it was a bobcat since they both lived!
A couple of years ago I was at the back of my property with my dog during deer season when I saw tracks partially covered with the snow. My first thought was that he'd strayed farther from the house than he should have; then realized they were lynx tracks. It must have been a transient though, as I haven't seen where it's been back.