Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,091  
Nice video Gordon! (y) (y)

Thanks M. Surprised I could still hold that steady free handed at 60 or 70 yards. We see tracks around and get a glimpse of one once in a while but they don't usually hang around like that one. We have good habitat for them. Ledges and swamps with lots of thick spruce and fir which hold snow shoe hare, their preferred prey.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,092  
I got a pair of magnetic mirrors for my new TYM. I like them even though I chose a pair that was a little small (5x7).
The magnet seems plenty strong and they don't vibrate or go out of adjustment so far.. I mounted them on the side of the FEL mounts.
There's a wide array of magnetic mirrors available on amazon. I chose these ones because I didn't trust the quality and was only
willing to risk $75 CDN (I think that's about $12 US :) ).
I also mounted mine on the loader mounts. Even though the magnets are strong I can knock them off, especially getting on and of the tractor, so after I ran over one, I tied a piece of p-cord to the mirror and a loader pin as a safety strap. Has worked so far.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,093  
I've been thinning out some ill shaped Yellow Birch for firewood and decided to give my experimental crane a real life experience yesterday. I've pretty much figured out how I'm going to do the final version and didn't care if something broke. I'm surprised the wooden boom took the punishment.

24_2_23-1.jpg

24_2_23-2.JPG

I made a short video cutting a smallish tree with lean to the left and also head lean to the left. It is a good demonstration of why hanging around the stump while a tree falls, even a small tree, could be a bad thing.

I notice that often I give the saw a little rev before I start a cut. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I can't hear the saw and want to make sure it's running or subconsciously I am trying to irk arrow. :)

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,094  
I've been thinning out some ill shaped Yellow Birch for firewood and decided to give my experimental crane a real life experience yesterday. I've pretty much figured out how I'm going to do the final version and didn't care if something broke. I'm surprised the wooden boom took the punishment.

View attachment 853857

View attachment 853859

I made a short video cutting a smallish tree with lean to the left and also head lean to the left. It is a good demonstration of why hanging around the stump while a tree falls, even a small tree, could be a bad thing.

I notice that often I give the saw a little rev before I start a cut. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I can't hear the saw and want to make sure it's running or subconsciously I am trying to irk arrow. :)

gg
The crane build is great!! That tree in the video had me fooled. Thanks for posting it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,097  
^^^^

Ah, but I'm out of syrup! Until I start boiling, pancakes are just a dry piece of bread.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,099  
^^^^

Ah, but I'm out of syrup! Until I start boiling, pancakes are just a dry piece of bread.
Then you are not making them correctly. You should be savoring the things with nothing on them.
Try this: half Bisquik - half vanilla cake mix.
Use vanilla yogurt instead of oil.Use egg whites instead of the entire egg. Use vanilla 80 calorie almond milk for liquid. Mix thinner instead of thicker.
You’re welcome.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,100  
Arrow's right, pancakes should taste great with out anything but a glass of milk.
I'm going to try the vanilla cake mix, that sounds good.
I make mine with discard sourdough starter, flour, buttermilk, pinch of sugar and salt. The whole egg, olive oil and melted butter and thin the batter with an oatmeal stout beer. Thinner batter makes for taller pancakes.
Biting into them gets your saliva glands going like sourgrass in the Spring.
Patrick