Trading a 460 loader for a 400CX

/ Trading a 460 loader for a 400CX #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I called the dealer today about trading in my 460 loader for a 400CX self leveling one. He was busy so we did not get to talk prices. He did not think the trade in value on the 460 would be very high by it's self. He suggested trading in the 4710, 460 & 48 backhoe for a 4320, 400CX & 448 backhoe. He said he would call back Wed. Is there someplace I can get a value of my 4710 setup. It is about 2 1/2 years old with about 200 hours.

/ Trading a 460 loader for a 400CX #2  
I was getting a similar message from the dealer, and that was to give him a complete 'used' package to sell, and not a piece. Also, the new loader would have to come separate with shipping charges, that they don't have if the loader comes on a new tractor. Just some games I think the dealers have to play to not get stuck with 'loaner' items.

Will be interested in what deal you can work out. That new loader looks like it would make a good outfit.
I'd guess you are talking $7-9K difference, but striictly a guess. Maybe the used sales is good for the 4710 package.

/ Trading a 460 loader for a 400CX #3  
Why do you want the 400CX - for the (slightly) higher lift capacities or actually the self-leveling feature?

If the latter - there may be a way to 'upgrade' your 460 to achieve most of the same benefit - by adding a biasing valve to the hydraulic system. I looked into those a long time ago and they sounded interesting but I'm not touching mine while it's still under warranty. It's not a perfect solution, and the valves themselves aren't exactly cheap (around $500 if I recall), but it may still be a lot cheaper than the hit you'll take on the full trade-in.

This type of system is offered from the factory on some skid-steers and tractor loaders. Some only level in one direction (during lift for instance) and some are sensitive to varying loads. Case/New Holland, Mahindra and others offer this type of system on some of their factory loaders - and Bush Hog has it on some of their loaders.

/ Trading a 460 loader for a 400CX
I am wanting the 400CX for the self leveling feature.
I us pallet forks alot on jobs to move building materials.
With the 460 I have to be very careful raising & lowering when working on a roof. It is a slow process & not very safe with a heavy load on the forks.
The self leveling works by mechanical means not hydraulic.
I will post the cost difference when the dealer gets back with me.