trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #602  
Not handlebars, This ...

1666311655194.png

1666311887127.png

Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #603  
Starting to look like the James Bond 007 flying jetpack.

/ trail clearing technique and tools
We had a crew of MI tech students on our trails most of today and I took a few photos. Seems we has 10 to 12 and we did get something done and even had three strings going for 4 hours. I can't post pictures now because we are heading to that campgrpound we are clearing of brush at. Will post something when we get back. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

/ trail clearing technique and tools #605  
Handlebars? Caravaggi makes a leaf blower attachment for the walk behind like my BCS that retails for a little over $1,000. Not as powerful as the highest power Stihl backpack, but a respectable 1300 CFM, 175 MPH, plus not having to carry it!

screen grab from Earth Tools video…

B56B15BE-40F4-497E-8BD7-C7A4BC14E34D.jpeg

Handlebars? Caravaggi makes a leaf blower attachment for the walk behind like my BCS that retails for a little over $1,000. Not as powerful as the highest power Stihl backpack, but a respectable 1300 CFM, 175 MPH, plus not having to carry it!

screen grab from Earth Tools video…

View attachment 767526
But it wouldn't fit in the back our our truck or 6x6. The stihl backpack is quite easy to wear and use. Not to mention, blows like a rocket launch.

Last edited:
Over the weekend we used the sthil pole-saw with two extensions for the 1st time ever. The upper one has a carbon tube with the aluminum ends and weights close to nothing where as the closer one to the power head is steel tubed.
P1130307.jpg
P1130308.jpg

This was posted in another thread but it might apply here as well. Below is the bar oil jug with a pour slot cut in its foil seal. I see a did a rather poor job cutting this one open! Yes, we switch oils when the temps get cool. Below is cooler weather oil type. Tried the multi-virse and gave up on it.

P1130373.jpg

This is how we carry bar oil and saw gas into the field when we backpack in. These are msl fuel bottles which are leak proof since they are a pressure vessel. The oil bottle remains a bar oil bottle.

P1130375.jpg

Last edited:
We have snow predicted over the weekend but plan to get some trail work done to our system. Cool temps and a little snow are GREAT to be out working in. Better than 60 degrees!

/ trail clearing technique and tools #610  
I've learned a lot from this thread especially using a pole saw to clear small stuff or limb a tree I cut down, when making wood its such a back saver, I've probably sold more cordless and gas pole saws due to letting friends use mine than all the Stihl, Echo and Husqvarna dealership salesman combined in my area. Currently use a 20 volt DeWalt.