trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #691  
I don't own that, I just posted the video. But here's a version ArlyA could use. He could even retire his beloved pole saws ;)

/ trail clearing technique and tools #693  
Ha ha.

/ trail clearing technique and tools
At our trailhead today. Glad to see people out and enjoying them.
P1150461.jpg

Concerning another thread here about running strings. When using our Stihl Kombi power unit which has a very power engine, in fact its the most powerful one I've ever used. These larger string take all of it. Point is these .155 or any large strings take lots of power to operate..

Last edited:
Many of the folks here know this but to reiterate. I'm home and ill and have the time to write this baloney.
🥲
We opened up the trails we groom two years ago just to see if anyone in our area would use some liberal ruled and dog friendly trails over the winter. We'd already been caring for them for the past 5+ years so then we thought we'd give grooming a shot, just as a experiment. We asked nothing from users since this was just test. Lots of people showed up, in fact the parking lot was commonly full on weekends and we heard from the sheriff telling us that our users couldn't be parking on the road. With that 1st year success, my dearest wrote for 20k in grants for parking lot improvements since its just a log landing now. Plus a mower for the trails and operational expenses. The multifaceted organization she applied to could pay for any or part of these individual items. We ended up with zero from them but we did setup a go-fund me site which took in about 1500. We find our operational cost is around 4 or 5K. We have no membership and very few volunteers who come out for work projects. We actuality think trail work is fun. Sandy does plan to reapply for the grants. Do you think we should keep it up if we don't get any???? We of course own all machines to the tune of around $50,000.
🥹

Last edited:
   / trail clearing technique and tools #699  
Arly I’ve always thought you were very generous with your time and funds. I’d say as long as you enjoy it and feel you can afford it keep doing it. When it becomes a burden either physically or financially I’d quit.

It seems like there should be some kind of funding source, like a park district. Most cities have a park district and they tax. A few counties around here also have one but most don’t. It almost sounds like you need a rural county park district. Of course getting something like that started is going to be tough.

Arly I’ve always thought you were very generous with your time and funds. I’d say as long as you enjoy it and feel you can afford it keep doing it. When it becomes a burden either physically or financially I’d quit.

It seems like there should be some kind of funding source, like a park district. Most cities have a park district and they tax. A few counties around here also have one but most don’t. It almost sounds like you need a rural county park district. Of course getting something like that started is going to be tough.
We are on the townships recreation plan but they have $$$ for nothing.