Trailer Brake Adjustment

/ Trailer Brake Adjustment #1  

KennyG

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
This week I decided to adjust the brakes on a used trailer I bought a few years ago and I got a couple of surprises. The brake adjustment slot isn't on the bottom, it's on the front side, rotated 90 degrees from where I expected to find it. I don't suppose it really makes any difference but I wonder if there is a reason for this. Second, the adjustment slot cover was a fairly rigid plastic instead of rubber, so it cracked. I will replace these but are these plugs on trailers generally all the same size? How carefully do I have to measure them?

Thanks for any views on this.

/ Trailer Brake Adjustment #2  
This week I decided to adjust the brakes on a used trailer I bought a few years ago and I got a couple of surprises. The brake adjustment slot isn't on the bottom, it's on the front side, rotated 90 degrees from where I expected to find it. I don't suppose it really makes any difference but I wonder if there is a reason for this. Second, the adjustment slot cover was a fairly rigid plastic instead of rubber, so it cracked. I will replace these but are these plugs on trailers generally all the same size? How carefully do I have to measure them?

Thanks for any views on this.

Never seen the adjustment hole anywhere but 6 0 clock. This is just a function of indexing the backing plate on the axle.

All plugs seem to be the same. About a inch long and 3/8 tall.

Chris