Trailer for BX23

/ Trailer for BX23 #1  

RayCo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, Case 580 Super L
Hi group,

I currently have a single axle trailer, 5.5' x 10', with a GVW of only 2130 pounds. I originally got this for hauling around an old Wheel Horse tractor. It does fine for that, and the tractor just barely squeezes on when I have the 3pt grader blade attached. Is anyone here interested in depressing me by telling me that if I were to get a BX23, this would not be enough trailer for it? The length of the trailer is one thing, and I could probably get around that. But the weight rating is another story... It seems to me that I'd need a beefier trailer. If this is the case, I'm going to have to factor this additional cost into my tractor purchasing decisions as well.

Thank you

/ Trailer for BX23 #2  
Welcome to TBN Ray /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and thanks for letting me ruin your day. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Yup, your going to need a heavier trailer, 7K minimum, with tandem axles. I'm not sure how much your BX will wiegh, there are plenty on here that do though. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif And I'd think 16' would be minimum also. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Trailer for BX23 #3  
NO WAY!!!!!!!!ARE YOU DEPRESSED YET? Been there done that.2700 lb tractor,with hoe/and more if tires are loaded.
heres my opinion,based on laws,and my opinion .....14ft,mimimum tandem,with electric brakes both axles, tracter should be hooked 4 corners,with chain and binders,also chain and binders each attachment[fel,and hoe][this was from maine state police] also properly equip tow vehicle,this aint no riding lawnmower.
ALAN
Is your investment worth risking? Whats another 1500-2000 ,to get set up properly,when you already spent 16000

/ Trailer for BX23 #4  
Here is what I have. See photo. As for tying down, I use 4 10,000 pound straps, one on each corner of the tractor. Brakes on each axle, 6 ply tires. (something I need to do). That is 16' flat with 2 foot dovetail, and very sturdy ramps.

Attachments

• 723371-IMG_0102 (1).JPG
    723371-IMG_0102 (1).JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 388
   / Trailer for BX23 #5  
I believe that straps are not legal as being the only tie downs. I believe that it must be chained down at all 4 corners with chain.

/ Trailer for BX23 #6  
not where I live. Lots of trailers full of more than my tractor with straps.

Dont really know. It holds good, and been over 65 with it

/ Trailer for BX23
****. This is all significantly different from what I needed for carrying around a John Deere lawn tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now the next that I'll hear is that I need a 1 ton truck to pull around a BX23.

Thanks all

/ Trailer for BX23 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now the next that I'll hear is that I need a 1 ton truck to pull around a BX23.

Thanks all )</font>

If you think that it will help you get it past the wife, let us know and we will all start making suggestions. I tend to like diesel 4 wheel drive units best, but I promise that there will be lots of suggestions of $40K + trucks to pull around a $3K trailer for a $????.00 JD Lawn Tractor..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Trailer for BX23 #9  
Oh course if your going to go the expense of the 1 ton you might as weel throw a dump box on it. Have we spent enough of your money yet? Just let us know we have more ideas if needed.

/ Trailer for BX23 #10  
Dont stress too much on the tow vehicle.I haul mine up steep treacherous grades to my mountain retreat,here in MAINE ,with my jeep cherokee 4 by 4.Hauled bota,bucket of flat rocks,extra fuel,14ft tandom,tools etc,last trip.figure im pulling 5000lbs plus with my straight 6.
A nother feller told me he hauled his bx-23 with a little gmc pick up.A good safe hitch,well maintained buggy,and id attemp it with a 4 banger if i had a low gear for hills.them load distrubution hichs are nice they say,i aint got one,the bota gives me perfect tounge weight. nOTE THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN WHEN I MISTAKENLY USED THEM WIDE HEAVY RATCHET STRAPS,ALMOST LOST HER,DONT DO IT,INVEST IN THE CHAIN BINDERS
ALAN

Attachments

• 723547-100_0009 (671 x 503).jpg
    723547-100_0009 (671 x 503).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 346