Trailer hitch for vacuum equipped Kubota B3350 series

/ Trailer hitch for vacuum equipped Kubota B3350 series #1  

robstaples

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota / L39 TLB, BX2680
I needed a trailer hitch on my new Kubota and I don稚 like modifying original equipment in case it doesn't work. Below is what I came up with. It pins in to the 都tand pipes of the collector. So when I take the vacuum off, I will have to put the stand back in the vertical pipe frame. No holes drilled in Kubota equipment. It's a little hard to see because I tried to match paint. I would quess it's good for pulling up to a 1000 lbs-- more than I have need for.

Attachments

• DSCN3045.jpg
    DSCN3045.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 189
  • DSCN3046.jpg
    DSCN3046.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN3047.jpg
    DSCN3047.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
  • DSCN3048.jpg
    DSCN3048.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN3049.jpg
    DSCN3049.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 212
  • DSCN3051.jpg
    DSCN3051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 236
   / Trailer hitch for vacuum equipped Kubota B3350 series #2  
Nice job figuring how that would all go together. Nice craftsmanship too.

/ Trailer hitch for vacuum equipped Kubota B3350 series #3  
Not sure I understand how your system works. Is the three bin bagger for your MMM and the vacuum runs along behind and gathers stuff into the trailer? Are these totally independant systems that are attached at the same time just so that you don't have to detach the bagger every time you want to use the vacuum?

I don't understand what the vacuum/trailer is going to pick up if the mower is already throwing everything into the three bin bagger.

From the picture, the trailer actually looks more like a chipper than a vacuum, so I am not really sure what you have going on there. :confused2: :)

/ Trailer hitch for vacuum equipped Kubota B3350 series
Zing,
The mower vacuum bagger is a "system" by Kubota that does the grass thing. I needed to pull a trailer ( in the picture case, a wood chipper) . Without what I made, I'd have to remove the vacuum( 3pt hitch/drive shaft etc) to get to the frame for a hitch, or some other way. On/off of the vacuum is no quick job...heavy and awkward for one person. Hence, what I did. I learned you have to remove the hitch insert before going up a hill or you plow up a trough as the tractor starts up the hill.

/ Trailer hitch for vacuum equipped Kubota B3350 series #5  
Aha, I knew there had to be a logical explanation. The confusion came from me thinking the vacuum was part of the trailer rather than a part of the bagger.

With that cleared up I would like to ditto Gordon, nice craftsmanship. :) cheers.