Trailer loading plan..

/ Trailer loading plan.. #11  
I don't intend to offend. But - I would not haul this load anywhere. There are so many shortfalls it's just a matter of time before a serious problem occurs. The trailer needs a load stop in front and chains not straps. The trailer is too short for this load. It looks tail heavy.
No offense taken. We're all here to share our knowledge, opinion and learn something along the way.

Believe it or not, the trailer is well balanced loaded this way and rides nice and smooth the 45 miles it usually does with this load.

As far as chains vs straps, I would rather stay out of that rabbit hole but I'll just say those are 5 ton straps well capable of handling this load. I have three there, although I had a friend give me a bunch of straps and now I run 4, one per corner. In this side on the pond, you'll hardly see any chains used on anything smaller than 15 tons or so.

The trailer is also the perfect size my needs. Going longer means I couldn't go certain places with it, which I'm not interested in.

IMG_20220402_121136_2.jpg

/ Trailer loading plan.. #12  
The load on ptsg’s trailer is not as you think. That total load is less than 5,000 lbs. I see no issues with the trailer or load. A lot of folks here may not even tie it down at all.

/ Trailer loading plan.. #13  
The load on ptsg’s trailer is not as you think. That total load is less than 5,000 lbs. I see no issues with the trailer or load. A lot of folks here may not even tie it down at all.
Pretty much. 4520 lbs for the tractor + loaded rear tires + loader+ bucket + front weights + hydraulic winch. 400 lbs for the cutter. 1250 lbs for the trailer.

A lot of people won't tie down machines here either. Specially if they are hauling those in the truck with sides on the bed. Track machines they pretty much rely simply on rubber mats. Is it ideal or something that should be done? No, not at all but something as simple as practicing defensive driving goes a long way on keeping the load on the vehicle.

/ Trailer loading plan.. #14  
Just to mention - I think the real purpose of tie down equipment hauled on a trailer has more to do with what damage is caused in an emergency or accident. Not so much that it will come off the trailer when traveling (but also important). In MO, that is the reason that the tractor AND each implement must be tied down separately, even if attached to the tractor.
I don't know the weight numbers and distribution with the OP, so this is not a comment directed about anyone. I know I am a little picky about hauling loads because they are usually 300 mile trips and all numbers are close to max numbers, so I want them within legal limits.

I used to cut corners somewhat. But no longer. I realized that if the Highway Patrol got involved in an accident (even if it was not my fault) and I was overloaded on any of the numbers, my insurance may be reluctant to pay if I got a ticket. The loss would be Tractor (30K) + Trailer (8K) truck (60K). That could turn into a real disaster.

If you feel overloaded and not comfortable with the way the load is handling, make an extra trip. It is only about 30 miles I guess. But if it drives well and the numbers are good. Insure sufficient tie downs and go to work.

/ Trailer loading plan.. #15  
Not a very technical thing , but what I do to try to make sure that the trailer weight is distributed relatively accurately, before I load anything, I hang a strap from the from hitch so that it’s just touching the ground.

After i load stuff on, I check the strap to make sure that it’s as close as possible to the same pre-loaded length (just touching the ground).
you tow with no tongue weight? When I load tractors and such on trailers I go until I see ~3" of squat in the back of the truck (hard to see from drivers seat though...). I would MUCH rather err on the side of too much tongue weight than too little, BTDT, hauled two AC B tractors about 300 miles once and didn't have enough tongue weight, was white knuckle at 50mph, bought 10 bags of manure at Walmart (it was cheap and usable...) and put them on the tongue and was good to go... since then I err on the heavy tongue side, the F350 with air bags doesn't care...

/ Trailer loading plan.. #16  
If you have a CAT scale near where you are (maybe at a truck stop) - It might be good the stop by there - use their app and pay $12 to see what the weight is on the trailer, truck, and tongue when loaded. I did that when I first got my tractor to see where the load actually was sitting then the numbers were right. Remember, the tongue weight should be 10-15 % of the total load. Over that may affect the ability to steer in an emergency (because of light front end), Under that may led to TERRIBLE sway at the rear of the trailer. Best Wishes.

/ Trailer loading plan.. #18  
you tow with no tongue weight? When I load tractors and such on trailers I go until I see ~3" of squat in the back of the truck (hard to see from drivers seat though...). I would MUCH rather err on the side of too much tongue weight than too little, BTDT, hauled two AC B tractors about 300 miles once and didn't have enough tongue weight, was white knuckle at 50mph, bought 10 bags of manure at Walmart (it was cheap and usable...) and put them on the tongue and was good to go... since then I err on the heavy tongue side, the F350 with air bags doesn't care...

I do have some weight on the tongue; it’s balanced well before I drive off.

The hanging strap though is a quick visual indicator of where I am balance-wise as I’m driving stuff onto the trailer.

/ Trailer loading plan..
That's more or less how I load it. Although, completely different trailer (axle placement, etc) and mower but should give some ideas to consider.

View attachment 764740

That is what I intend… but I have a longer trailer and as someone else said.. a “load stop” in the front.

I think yours is maybe 12-14 feet?

/ Trailer loading plan.. #20  
That is what I intend… but I have a longer trailer and as someone else said.. a “load stop” in the front.

I think yours is maybe 12-14 feet?
4 meters or 13 ft.