trailer tire blowout

/ trailer tire blowout #12  
How does matching trailer and pulling veh. wheels Make things real simple.?
I was actually trying to say I enjoy that ability with my newest trailer. I didn't buy a spare as the truck will fit the trailer. About the only time that will work is if your truck and trailer are 8 lug steel wheels. I realize 99% of the time it doesn't work out that way.
I've often wondered though why there has to be a zillion different sizes and patterns for wheels. And why can't a 2 5/16" ball be the only one. So what its a little big for some applications, at least it would be handy.

/ trailer tire blowout
Many good points here, I agree the tires must have been low, but I have checked them before I loaded the trailer so the pressure wass fine. I can only guess there was a fast leak of some sort during the trip causing a overflex. As for the wieght, I really doubt it was overloaded, how do I know, I also pull a 22 footer camper that is 3,500lbs and its rated for 5K of combined weight and it didnt feel any heavier then that. The wood was dead elm so its extremely dry, but still great burning firewood. Since its dry elm, I would say it weighs alot less then maple or other hardwoods. I have been shopping for trailer tires and can't seem to find a good price. I was hoping to find matching tires as the date on the tires says 2007. The oringinal tire is towmaster brand.
I have stopped at TSC and they carry carlise (sp?) and load star. Walmart in my area only carrys carlise and I am trying to stay away from it. Does anyone have good online sources they like? I have googled trialer tires and found many. Looks like I might have to bite the bullet and get one at TSC. Does anyone have opinions on load star brands from TSC ?

/ trailer tire blowout #14  
   / trailer tire blowout #15  
The tires on my 4X8 utility (almost 9yo) and my 16' utility ( right at 7yo) are Carlise, the tires on the 16' do need replacement soon but the 4X8 just has me baffled that they are just not dry rotted to heck but they are actually in better shape than the ones on the 16'.

I don't guess they build them like they use to...not too long ago.