Trailer tool box suggestions

/ Trailer tool box suggestions #1  

Jackstack76

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub cadet
Need to mount my Hobo freight 12k apex winch on my new trailer. It’s a electric tilt and I have the winch plate in the floor, I’m leaning towards mounting a tool box up front. Would be nice too not mess with the winch cover and give the winch some extra protection. Plus some space for chains, straps, load binders ect would be nice and clear some room from my pickup toolbox.

Kinda torn on this one, if I should go with a chest style pickup box, trailer tongue box, or another thought was a under body box where the door folds down.

Those of you that have done this hows your setup? Pics of my setup for reference.

Attachments

• 73C7D73A-19BE-4593-90C9-AEAF27B4B660.jpeg
    73C7D73A-19BE-4593-90C9-AEAF27B4B660.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 86
  • C4B9B8A8-3E9A-4165-8B57-C98AFE27B581.jpeg
    C4B9B8A8-3E9A-4165-8B57-C98AFE27B581.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
   / Trailer tool box suggestions #2  
I like the underbody with the door that folds down, as long as it doesn’t hang too low. A pair of them is really nice. Up on the deck easily dented. Doesnt your trailer already have a tongue mounted box?

Last edited:
   / Trailer tool box suggestions
I like the underbody with the door that folds down, as long as it doesn’t hang too low. A pair of them is really nice. Up on the deck easily dented. Doesnt your trailer already have a tongue mounted box?
It has a box up front but it’s for the pump, battery ect.

/ Trailer tool box suggestions #4  
I always thought the underbody boxes look nice. Plan on doing 2 on my GN end of this season.

/ Trailer tool box suggestions
I always thought the underbody boxes look nice. Plan on doing 2 on my GN end of this season.

Was at Home Depot earlier and saw the smaller rigid job box, that would probably be the best heavy duty option, would just have t cut the feet off for it to sit flush with the floor.

/ Trailer tool box suggestions #6  
Under body is real handy,,,,,,,,,at first before I get it crammed so full stuff fall's out when door is opened 😲 then has to be thrown in bed of truck in order to close door.🥴
Locks are no good on any of them. Every time i store a chain someone gets box open and strings tools on the chain like a string of pearls. 🙄