trailering my tractor

/ trailering my tractor
My tractor is 35 hp and weights 2,300-2,400 lbs, plus the loader and snowblower.
I'm not sure what the weight of the loader and bucket is, but I'm sure I can find out.
The snowblower manual says it weighs 422 lbs, which seems wrong since I can move it around by hand
Oh, my tractor is 3 years old - bought it new.

Last edited:
   / trailering my tractor #22  
I've hauled a tractor on a single axle trailer once.. wouldn't ever considder doing it again..

soundguy

I think that K1500 4.3 v6 manual has good pulling power. my brother used this same vehicle for pulling a travel trailer and farm equipment. It looks like you only need a single axle trailer with would reduce the weight and still haul your 2500lb you are talking about. My Ford Aeostar 4wd Van 4.0lt is rated as a 1/2 ton pickup and I towed this same setup 300 miles and it never broke a sweat, I had to resist the temptation to put it in overdrive. But I rarely went out of overdrive as it pulled so easy.

With towing anything find out what the owners manual says, in my vans case the 4wd version has lower gears so can handle more load and it has more weight. Most 1/2 ton PU's have at least a 5000lb towing capacity. If you buy too heavy of a trailer you are sacrificing overall towing weight. Unless you are hauling a 5000lb+ tractor.

/ trailering my tractor #23  
Guys.. remember I type on a netbook with 8" screen and a keyboard the size of 2 pieces of 'short' toast.

I missed 'or'.

glad you caught me on it. has since been edited.

now let the floggings continue

soundguy

i've seen phones with bigger screens than that...You must still have good eyes.

/ trailering my tractor #24  
got coke bottle thick glasses.. :)

soundguy