Trails west RPM enclosed trailer quality ?

/ Trails west RPM enclosed trailer quality ? #1  

summit151

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1135
Hello
Does anyone have experience with these trailers? Can’t find much on them? Found a used 24ft Vnose deck over for sale. Curious if they are any good. I have never owned a deck over before? Should I avoid them? Ground clearance looks like it would be a lot better. I’m looking at a 28ft model but noticed it only has 7000 lbs axles seems light for something you can fit 5 Sled’s in

/ Trails west RPM enclosed trailer quality ? #3  
Or is it two 3500 pound axles to equal 7000?

/ Trails west RPM enclosed trailer quality ? #4  
Two 7k axles equal 14k. How heavy are those sleds?

Don't forget to subtract the weight of the trailer itself from that 14k for load capacity. But it should still be plenty for 5 sleds.
I've got a 7x18 enclosed with 2 3500 lb. axles that has hauled 4 motorcycles, tools and luggage from the NY/Canada border to Florida several times with no problem.

/ Trails west RPM enclosed trailer quality ?
Sorry it’s got 2 3500 pound axles. So 7000 total and trailer empty is 4000lb

/ Trails west RPM enclosed trailer quality ? #6  
So you have 3000 lb load capacity on the axles. At that weight you should also get around 900 lbs tongue weight. If the sleds weigh 600 lbs each and you have some extra fuel, tools and stuff. You are over. It's close. You could look up the weights of the machines you will be hauling to be sure. It's a little close if you plan to haul that many for my taste.
Also, I hope you have a adequate tow vehicle.