tranny questions on my RTV

/ tranny questions on my RTV #11  
Dargo - have you found any alternatives to shutting the machine off to shift on a hill?

/ tranny questions on my RTV #12  
Thanks for asking, but no, I have not had any luck. I used the RTV today to haul some bricks, mortar, and other stuff for laying some bricks. It is just darn stiff to get the thing out of gear on flat ground, not to mention on a hill. I have zero problems getting it to easily go into gear. It just flat does not want to come out. I'm about ready to physically threaten my local Kubota dealer to get them to work on it. I'd mentioned before that my local Kubota dealer is less than helpful to me. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif If you have any other ideas, I'm certainly open for suggestions.
Taking the good and bad together, I still definitely like the RTV better than any of the competitors models. The closest would be the HPX in my opinion. However, even my JD dealer agreed with me that dollar for dollar, the HPX diesel does not have what the Kubota has. Also, my local JD dealer is light years ahead of my local Kubota dealer on helping their customers and in service. I like the looks of the HPX better, and the JD dealer has better service. That being said, it says a lot about my satisfaction with the quality and value of the RTV to not consider going to the HPX diesel; especially after being a life long JD customer!

/ tranny questions on my RTV #13  
Dargo,
Sorry to hear you're still having problems.
Have you checked all the linkages? If you open your cargo box, you can see/grab the shifting linkages. Try moving them around and see if everything is OK. (Mine lost a nut that holds the linkage arm in place). I wonder if something is bound up or possibly bent somewhere in the linkages near the tranny or behind the dash.
Stay on the dealer!! It's still under warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ tranny questions on my RTV #14  
Dargo,

I just noticed in an older post of yours that before climbing the hill, you engage the 4wd and diff lock. Can you try hills in 2wd and see if the emergency brake steps work? I wonder if everything being locked so tightly is affecting the capabilities of it disengaging. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brian