Oil & Fuel Trans/hyd oil in B8200

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200 #1  

VashonFarmer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I know somebody will get a chuckle out of this, but here goes...

Where the heck do I add trans/hyd oil in my B8200? It's a new machine for me and I was waiting till my newly purchased Op Manual got here, but it's not helping. The book says there is a port on the left side of the gear shift, opposite the dip stick. Not true on mine. I could get a smaller funnel and put it in the dipstick hole, but that wont be fun on a full fluid change.

Help?

Thanks
Andy

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200 #2  
Isn't there a plug near top center of rear behind the seat?

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200 #3  
Trying to remember where it was on the B6200 I had a few years back. Seems to me if you flip the seat up it is on the top of the transmission housing near the back. Yours could be different but should still be somewhere near the top of the housing.
The last two tractors have bright coloured plastic caps so easy to spot.

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200
This one has me baffled. I'm a reasonable home mechanic, but...

The only thing I can see on top of the case is the dipstick, the shifter and some ports with hydraulic lines. There's a big one toward the rear, but you'd have to take the seat bracket off to get to it. Seems a bit too impractical to be true.

I'll snap a shot of the scene when I get home tomorrow. In the mean time I think I'll call the 'Bota dealer.

Andy

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200
Sailorman,

I think you hit it. I got someone at the dealer that seemed to remember something about the early 8200's. He thought they used that port as a return hydraulic line when they added a FEL. That would fit with what I've been looking at. So I'll have to pull the line out to fill.

I think you could get to it by sliding the seat forward, but someone welded the slider in an earlier repair. So the bracket comes off too. At least this isn't a weekly thing!

Thanks guys

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200
Does anyone think this is a crazy idea?

The newer models had a port added on the trans cover next to the shifter. Would I be nuts to pull the cover off, drill a hole and tap it? Would make life easier if I don't mess something up.

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200 #8  
Vashon Farmer,
As long as the hole you are perposing is higher than the fill mark on the dipstick, I would say go for it.
Years ago, I did an engine/transmission swap in a car I had. The new transmission was larger and the fill plug was rubbing the frame. I cut the head off the plug, then drilled and tapped for another fill plug on the other side of the case. Worked just fine.
Pretty close to your location... Arlington, Wa.

/ Trans/hyd oil in B8200
Vashon Farmer,
As long as the hole you are perposing is higher than the fill mark on the dipstick, I would say go for it.
Years ago, I did an engine/transmission swap in a car I had. The new transmission was larger and the fill plug was rubbing the frame. I cut the head off the plug, then drilled and tapped for another fill plug on the other side of the case. Worked just fine.
Pretty close to your location... Arlington, Wa.

Thanks for the thoughts ibxne. It would be at the same level as the dip stick so I can't see how there would be an issue. Bota added a hole there in later models.

I'm thinking about tearing the machine apart, rewiring and generally fixing things up in the spring. Would be a good time to tackle that as well.

Cheers