Tree falls on Tractor will Homeowners insurance cover it?

/ Tree falls on Tractor will Homeowners insurance cover it?
I guess I do have another chapter to end. Today I returned my left over parts to the dealer. I noticed on the bottom of my receipt that it mentioned a restocking fee of 25%. I questioned the 30% number she told me and pointed to the bottom of my receipt. She said she never noticed it on the bottom and I said that this text is in the box that I signed. She told me that she would honor the 25% number but didn't have a friendly tone. She then started going through my items and pulled out the decals. She said kubota will not take back the decals. I said ok. Next she pulled out my $200 controller that I have mentioned in the past and said electronics are not returnable. Fortunately the manager was standing at the counter and said that they could because they were unopened. I am beginning to think what now? They won't take back items made of plastic or steel? After all said and done, I was credited back about $425. I have now reviewed my return receipt and noticed that they first took off my 25% and then added the sales tax back. Basically I lost an additional $10 because I paid sales tax on the full price. Still contemplating whether to bring that up or let it rest. I don't want the $10 but think that future returns need proper math.

I did speak to the manager about the overall experience and told him that I am still a happy customer and that I appreciated all the effort they put into this project. I also wanted to give let him know some of my feelings that I have expressed here in the past. Specifically, I just discussed the day that I went in to cross off the items that I considered cosmetic and seemed to get the cold shoulder and the mad mechanic. I compared it to paying to have diagnostic check on your car but the mechanic won't tell you the result of the test. He was appreciative and we even discussed ways they could improve. This mechanic is very skilled. He repaired my chainsaw just a month ago and compiled a very detailed quote for this project. Maybe just not a people person.

/ Tree falls on Tractor will Homeowners insurance cover it? #162  
I guess I do have another chapter to end. Today I returned my left over parts to the dealer. I noticed on the bottom of my receipt that it mentioned a restocking fee of 25%. I questioned the 30% number she told me and pointed to the bottom of my receipt. She said she never noticed it on the bottom and I said that this text is in the box that I signed. She told me that she would honor the 25% number but didn't have a friendly tone. She then started going through my items and pulled out the decals. She said kubota will not take back the decals. I said ok. Next she pulled out my $200 controller that I have mentioned in the past and said electronics are not returnable. Fortunately the manager was standing at the counter and said that they could because they were unopened. I am beginning to think what now? They won't take back items made of plastic or steel? After all said and done, I was credited back about $425. I have now reviewed my return receipt and noticed that they first took off my 25% and then added the sales tax back. Basically I lost an additional $10 because I paid sales tax on the full price. Still contemplating whether to bring that up or let it rest. I don't want the $10 but think that future returns need proper math.

I did speak to the manager about the overall experience and told him that I am still a happy customer and that I appreciated all the effort they put into this project. I also wanted to give let him know some of my feelings that I have expressed here in the past. Specifically, I just discussed the day that I went in to cross off the items that I considered cosmetic and seemed to get the cold shoulder and the mad mechanic. I compared it to paying to have diagnostic check on your car but the mechanic won't tell you the result of the test. He was appreciative and we even discussed ways they could improve. This mechanic is very skilled. He repaired my chainsaw just a month ago and compiled a very detailed quote for this project. Maybe just not a people person.

I think I would have been a little firmer about the restocking fee. After all, you didn't order the parts... they did. You made a good effort to remove extra unneeded parts, but again, you didn't do the evaluation or order the parts. They did. If you had been the one to evaluate what parts were needed and order them, I doubt that the extra parts would have ever been ordered.

/ Tree falls on Tractor will Homeowners insurance cover it? #163  
Great thread and I don't know how I missed it the first time. Sorry for your misfortune and glad it had a happy ending.

/ Tree falls on Tractor will Homeowners insurance cover it? #164  
Good job! Just found the thread today, sorry for your troubles but you handled it well. Hat's off. :thumbsup: