Tree felling done right.

/ Tree felling done right. #11  
i have met guys who would have no problem with doing that! in fact, i saw how a guy pounded a wooden 4x4 into the ground by dropping a tree on it.. as for myself, i can tell roughly where the tree is gona land, but i would never even dare to fell a tree like that :)

/ Tree felling done right. #12  
i have met guys who would have no problem with doing that! in fact, i saw how a guy pounded a wooden 4x4 into the ground by dropping a tree on it.. as for myself, i can tell roughly where the tree is gona land, but i would never even dare to fell a tree like that :)

I've been cutting 10+ cord/yr since 1976. Made a fell much like that ONCE. But I had two things going for me.

1. That is where the tree wanted to go.
2. Both buildings were derelict and it wouldn't matter if something went wrong.

Harry K

/ Tree felling done right. #14  
Id say that's real and they were real lucky. Look at the shadows of the tree as it drops thru.

You may be able to take that tree down in sections without damaging anything, but it would cost more than the trailer and shed are worth.

Last edited:
   / Tree felling done right.
A complete idiot! Apparently never heard of professional tree trimmers who take down trees in sections from the top down.

I can't remember where I read the back story, but long story short: this guy claims to be a pro, and there were some mitigating factors.

/ Tree felling done right. #16  
Long version:

Bruce

/ Tree felling done right. #17  
Looks like he knew what he was doing and got the job done, and it never hurts to be a little lucky.:D

/ Tree felling done right. #18  
Tell you what, if you know how to use the sights on your saw and take your time, it's possible to thread the needle with drops like that. But everything has to go right. One small hiccup, which might include things out of your control like a sudden breeze or the quality of the wood inside the tree, can turn it into a train wreck right quick.

One thing I would have done different was to use a block-out face cut, to slow down the fall. That would have further reduced the chances of damage. Done right, a block-out cut will make a tree ease on down in slow motion and gently kiss the ground when it hits.

/ Tree felling done right. #19  
Nice shot. If I would have done that it would have crushed one building and bounced over and smasher the other one. I can get them pretty straight if I have a 100' cable attached and a big truck pulling.

/ Tree felling done right. #20  
If I would have done that it would have crushed one building and bounced over and smasher the other one.
Ain't that the truth! :D