tree grubber.

/ tree grubber. #21  
There was a commercial version that was similar, but it had a hydraulic toplink and a pivoting foot.

I bought a used one about twenty years ago, don't have pictures from back then, but since I keep everything, I still have it.

View attachment 404548

View attachment 404549

I added a plate at the top so it can be turned around, it would pull any cedar tree that the MF 240D that I had back then could drive over.
View attachment 404550
Did you ever have the toplink and foot? That company seems to be defunct, so I'm considering building one: any way I could talk you out of some basic dimensions? Length of the "leg", size of the grubbing plate, etc. I did find an old document regarding it, with a drawing of that foot and toplink, so I see just how that was supposed to work, but I would imagine that it will do most of what I need on its own as you've got.

/ tree grubber. #22  
Did you ever have the toplink and foot? That company seems to be defunct, so I'm considering building one: any way I could talk you out of some basic dimensions? Length of the "leg", size of the grubbing plate, etc. I did find an old document regarding it, with a drawing of that foot and toplink, so I see just how that was supposed to work, but I would imagine that it will do most of what I need on its own as you've got.
Yep, bought it at an auction, had the hydraulic top link and foot. My tractor, a MF240D was big enough that I could angle the blade and back up causing it to go under ground and hit the root ball, then just raise the 3 point to pull the cedar tree out. After about an hour my clutch leg would give out, so I put the bracket on top for the top link, so I could turn it around. Cedars are flexible, so I would drive over them, drop the 3 point as the tree went under the front axle and pulled them out, never stopping.

Let me know if you need other measurements. The blade is 1" thick.

P2220001m.jpg
P2220004.JPG
P2220008.JPG
PB200002m.jpg

/ tree grubber. #23  
Yep, bought it at an auction, had the hydraulic top link and foot. My tractor, a MF240D was big enough that I could angle the blade and back up causing it to go under ground and hit the root ball, then just raise the 3 point to pull the cedar tree out. After about an hour my clutch leg would give out, so I put the bracket on top for the top link, so I could turn it around. Cedars are flexible, so I would drive over them, drop the 3 point as the tree went under the front axle and pulled them out, never stopping.

Let me know if you need other measurements. The blade is 1" thick.

View attachment 408780 View attachment 408781 View attachment 408782 View attachment 408783
, Wow, when somebody asks you for measurements, they really get the bonus plan!! Thanks a lot!

/ tree grubber. #24  
Indeed old. Sorry about that!

I just stumbled over the link posted today on: Homemade Tree Grubber
That guy is scouring the internet for DIY projects and collects links on his site.

The backwards motion together with the lift is perhaps what makes this efficient as a tree/brush pulling tool?

How about some dimensions? This is just what I have been looking for. Send to jham501@gmail.com

/ tree grubber. #25  
Jerrbob,

Look again. Dimensions are provided.

/ tree grubber. #26  
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Xfaxman
I would drive over them, drop the 3 point as the tree went under the front axle and pulled them out, never stopping.
Must. See. Video.
Sorry, sold the tractor six years ago. You will just have to use your imagination.

P3310004.JPG

P3310007.jpg

The Brush Boss

PB200005.JPG

Now using it for a counter weight, but this is the way it was mounted for pulling cedar trees on the tractor's 3 point.

P6060006.JPG

P6060008.JPG