Tree house

/ Tree house
Made some progress today but had lots of "help" from the kiddos. Wouldn't trade a second of it either. Floor joists are hung and framed around the tree. This is my first framing job so I'm pretty much learning as I go.

The pink studs are cut 92 5/8" for framing 8 foot walls like Goose mentioned. Someone told me once they were treated to be fire retardant but I don't think that is correct. They are a little cheaper than full 96" lumber.

Attachments

• image-1715599189.jpg
    image-1715599189.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 277
  • image-1366882125.jpg
    image-1366882125.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 443
  • image-2526940492.jpg
    image-2526940492.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 225
   / Tree house #12  
Looks good so far. Can't wait to see it when it is finished,good luck.

/ Tree house #13  
Looks good!:thumbsup:
It will be nice to have all that overhead framing done.
Good Pics!

/ Tree house #14  
Looks good..........your kids will really enjoy that :thumbsup:

/ Tree house #16  
Gusset corner posts to floor framing for extra stability GP?:thumbsup:

/ Tree house #17  
Gusset corner posts to floor framing for extra stability GP?:thumbsup:

Yes, and maybe a few 2x4's crossing between the posts depending on how much the structure can rack when side pressure is applied.

/ Tree house #19  
Looks like a fun project, the kids helping will make it mean that much more.

Dont forget to add a slide for the "pool" they'll want later:D

/ Tree house
Thanks for all the tips. This is very obviously my first large scale building project. It took me probably 3 hours worth of measuring remeasuring and calculating right angles to set the posts and with that it's still nowhere close to being square. I finished decking the top and it does still move a little too much for my taste. I feel strongly that it's safe for kids that don't weigh 235lbs like I do but I do believe I'll be adding some braces and more structural "beef" to it prior to building the stud walls.

This evening my wife and 2 kids and I all went and had tea before sunset on it. I hauled up 2 lawn chairs and the kids hung out. Now that's the good stuff (my tea was actually a Shiner Kosmos) so that didn't hurt.