Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way

/ Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way #11  
I will never forget the day about 30 years ago. We were baling hay and the lady next door to our shop (wife of a city couple who just moved out to the country) came running at me screaming her husband was in trouble. I ran over the hill and saw him on a 30-40 Hp new holland tlb with rear axle up about 4 feet off the ground. Loader bucket was under a big stump root and front tires were planted into the dirt 1/2 flat!! He looked like a dive bomber pilot in a nosedive up on the operators seat. Tractor was still running and he was holding on for dear life, but stunned in fear.
I climbed up and shut the tractor off and carefully lowered the loader to ease the tractor back to the ground.
Seems he rented a landscape tractor to remove stumps, got under one, and lifted the rear off the ground so high, the tractor almost began to 都ummer sault over. It scared him so bad, he froze and had a death grip on the steering wheel.
I got him back to the ground and all was good.
Made friends with the couple over the years and we got a good laugh about it later. He was a Marine and admitted he was too cocky about being able to do anything. I told him farming and tractor work requires a lot of care. I have had some close calls with roll overs trying to cut or bale steep hills.
Gotta be careful.

/ Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way #12  
YeeeeHa! Ride'em cowboy! :cowboy:

/ Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way #13  
A friend sent me this link.... I about fell out of my chair laughing....

Tree Is Not Going Down Without A Fight - YouTube

I know a certain song from the 80s that would go real well with that video.

0.jpeg

/ Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way #15  
Good one! A good song by DEVO........I had to watch a good dose of 80's music videos.......:cool2:

Back when MTV had videos. 120 minutes was my favorite, I liked all the new wave and punk stuff.

I haven't watched MTV in a very long time, but per report it's all reality tv now.

/ Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way #16  
My wife just patted me on the head , thankful I survived times like those. Had a 135 MF that the front end had a lot of air time. GOD takes care of fools and dummies they tell me.

/ Tree / stump pulling .... the wrong way #18  
Yeah, MTV and VH1 were great back in the beginning....it pretty much went south after the days of Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy. I would take them over the reality shows anyday.

Money for nothing and your chics for free....LOL