Trespasser.....what would you do?

/ Trespasser.....what would you do?
Oh, and I've found some phone app.... "hunt-Stand" or something like that. So it clearly shows this is private land. (the partnership is the owner) it also gives you the approximate property lines.

Just discovered this program last night.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #13  
Walked my prop lines a few months ago and found a deer stand, clearly on my property but just on it, by about ten feet. Really annoying as the adjoining property owner, that allowed hunting, should have known, or cared their hunters where off the area allowed. This owner is dead now, and property sold to others, so I have to make the effort to take it all down.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #14  
If you find a car on your property, you have no right to damage or sell it.
Same thing goes for other property. You'd just be setting yourself up for some goober to hire an attorney and waste more of your time, or, come back and damage your property should they find out who you are. Such as, spike all of your trees.

When we had this same problem on our property, I took the tree stands down, left a note in a zip-lock bag tacked to the tree that said something like "This is private property. Your tree stand has been removed. You can retrieve it at the county police station." Then I dropped the stands off at the local police station with the details.

I didn't want to press charges, I just wanted them gone.

Post your property according to your state laws. I believe Tennessee has the purple paint law now, so you may want to check into that. Get in touch with your local Conservation Officer, or whomever is the authority that deals with hunters in your state, and ask to meet with them at the property and discuss the issue. Ask them to keep an eye on the place.

We did just that at our property. The local C.O. would stop by once in a while and walk the land. The only people he ever found out there were my in-laws cutting firewood ( with our blessing ), and the neighbor, who had written permission to hunt the land.

Good luck.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #15  
So now I have two stands in the back of the car. ... What would you do?
I would not destroy them. If you were contacted by the owner you might consider agreeing to return them in exchange for a signed agreement that they will not return to your property.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #16  
   / Trespasser.....what would you do? #17  
We have different laws and outlook here, but tree stands are supposed to be marked with the owner's name and taken down after deer season. I took two down because they were in the way and the game warden said to do what I want with them. They also hadn't been used in at least a couple of years. I have no desire to sit in a tree stand, so I gave them to a friend.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #18  
The property is in the name of a partnership so they'd have to get creative to find any owners names.

We did leave a note.....but my (emotional?) wife didn't do as I was thinking.... ("I've got your stand, call me at.....")

No, she said something like ".....and keep your trespassing a** of the property" or something of that caliber.

As best I know, the land is NOT posted about hunting.

This sparked an idea in me.... I DO know some Wildlife Resources guys. I think I'll bring this up with them.

I was hoping to have some irony had we seen someone on the land...and they said they had the owners permission. I mocked a conversation with the wife where we'd tell the trespassers that we too, know the land owners.... LET'S CALL THEM!!! and as I dial them up, HER phone rings and we carry on a mock conversation about the trespassers in front of them.....as the trespassers slowly realize they're talking to the owners. oops.

Then I realize we could end up on the evening news as a married couple who's disappeared, only to be found 45 years later in these woods....

Just saddens me how/why people can't/don't respect other people's property. I can remember when I was around 19 years old....a buddy & myself found a primo piece of property where we wanted to ride our dirt bikes. This was WAY before the internet.... heck, push button phones were still new.

I put a lot of effort to actually FIND the owner....and found them. Called them up to ask if we could ride on his property. He said he was very impressed that I found him, went to that effort to find him and was considerate enough to ask.... answer is "no" but "son, you have my respect for your efforts to do the right thing"....
They’re taught not to. Times changed. Respect for one anothers privacy is dying off.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #19  
People that trespass are capable of anything and feel entitled to do whatever they want. I wouldn't have done anything without contacting a wildlife officer for advice.

We had a researcher doing rain studies in a National Forest. She came across a baited area and took the guys bucket of corn and reported it to the authorities.

He was obviously watching when she did it. The jackass starting peeing in all her rain gauges and threw a bunch of roofing nails in the trail. I had to pay flatbed towing twice and replaced two full sets of tires before it all got sorted out. They never caught the guy.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #20  
From another Tennessean -
You don't technically have to have the land posted for them to have been trespassing. Signs negate the defenses outlined in the trespassing law. They would have also been hunting without permission (doesn't take signs to be a violation either).