Trespasser.....what would you do?

/ Trespasser.....what would you do?
It's gonna be a lot more work for you to paint all those trees than it would have been to have left a note on the tree in a zip-lock bag letting them know they were on private land and they can pick up their tree stand at either your place or the local police department. Then they wouldn't be out any bucks. Now, you may have ticked them off. If you don't get more damage and vandalism, I'd be surprised.

Ahh....but Grasshopper (Mosshopper?? lol)

Don't forget, about 20 years ago it was timbered. Having been 30% into the front section, it is a mix of pines so they're easy to walk through.... a mix of brambles and thick stuff that really, you need to go around. Went to the road on the back side. That portion must have been hardwoods. It is a LOT more open than this front side. Not sure why it's not thick with the gnarly thorns & stuff but it appeared (as it was getting dark outside so not a great view), it appeared to be nicely open and accessable AFTER you climbed the hill to get there. The shoulder of the road here is about 24" wide, then there's an 18" deep gully (ask me how I know after stepping into it and falling through the pile of leaves) lol

Had I left a note, there's nothing to say they don't stretch their time there, there's nothing to say that the NEXT person doesn't go there (since it's abandoned and all!)

I'll admit I didn't think about leaving it at the Sheriff Dept. Adding to that comment, we didn't expect to find it at ALL so I didn't have plastic baggies with me, didn't have tools with me, paper....nothing. It irked me so much (and I'm SO fed up with trespassers on our local land) I went from zero to confiscation ALTHOUGH I am posting notice online for them to maybe see. I've already had three people ask me my asking price even though the listing clearly says it's for the original owner.

I'll give them some more time and probably junk it. If I sell it, who's to say I'm not selling it to another trespasser lol.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #152  
When I found the deer stands on our property, I didn't have a paper, pen, zip-lock, or tools either. I went home and got them, came back, and took care of it. Went back several times and finally, the baggie was on the ground and the note was gone.

I think what really stopped the hunters with no permission was I gave the people who bought the neighboring parcel the same time we bought our permission to hunt there. They keep an eye on it for us. He said he's asked several people to leave over the years. He has 3-4 stands on our property.

Unused property just seems to attract people, right or wrong.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #154  
3F247794-125C-4382-9285-3B59CCF12220.png

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #156  
But you are in Cali. You would probably get in bigger trouble for using the mini-excavator without doing an environmental impact study. ;)
It's electric so he's good.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #158  
I was clearing a path in my front woods in an area where I have never been.
Saw something that looked like a metal frame.
It's a tree stand and was cabled to a large poplar tree.

I had my carbide blade on the brush cutter and cut it off the tree, it sits on the ground now.
Big white metal stand.
I know there were hunters allowed about 6 or 7 years ago, before I moved here.
Hopefully the person just left this behind. I left it on the ground.
My property is posted, and very obviously in use.

/ Trespasser.....what would you do? #160