Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor.

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #1  

andrec999

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 2030, Case 580CK backhoe
Hi. It might be very simple for most of you but I am a newby to tractors and I have a hard time connecting my rear snowblower hoses to my tractor John Deere 2130. The females connectors on the tractor has a little lever on the bottom wich can be turn side to back on a 90 degree angle, when I turn this lever toward the snowblower and try to push the male connector in it doesn't go in , is there a trick. I have try to look in my owner manual but it doesn't explain . Thank you.

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #2  
Shut down the tractor and move all hydraulic levers side to side/forward and back a couple times. It will releive pressure on the system and help.

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #3  
I made the mistake of leaving hydraulic pressure in our front end loader. With the tractor not running I relieved the pressure in the tractor as described above. Still no luck because of the pressure in FEL. Mine was set up with male connectors on the FEL and female on the tractor. I needed to tap the pin on the male connector with a SOFT plastic hammer to relieve the pressure. It worked. Now I am always careful to vent the pressure before disconnecting.

Hope this helps and good luck!
John

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #4  
Like Johnamon you need to relieve the pressure on the end of male connectors.
Just be careful because oil in line will spray for a split second.. If no plastic hammer press them real hard on a clean board, or what ever hard surface. I have used the tire when I had nothing else close by and in a hurry.

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #5  
Wear safety glasses....Don't ask how I know....:confused2: or wrap hose ends in a rag when tapping w/ hammer

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor.
My friendly neibhor who is a dairy farmer. with John Deere tractors, came by this morning and showed me where the releases where, and the hoses went in with no effort at all. There is a "push button" behind each female connector on the tractor wich are hidden behind ,and I could not see them , you just push them and the inside of the connector pushes out in front, opening the inside so the male connector can go in.
It is so simple when you know how.
Thank you for your help and sorry for being so ignorant in farm equipement, but I guess that how I'll learn. I wish I would have been raised on a farm and learn all those things at a younger age.
I give credit to all the farmers for their knowledge in so many trades.

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #7  
any chance of some pics?

/ Trick to connect hydrolic hoses of snow blower to tractor. #8  
Here is something from the parts catalog.
breakaway.JPG