3-Point Hitch trouble shooting 3-point hitch

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
I am having an issue with my 3 point hitch system. It will not move. It wont go up nor down. The hydraulic fluid is full. The lever moves, but the system does not. I have no idea where to even start. Any help/idea's would be great appreciated

*** please disregard. ****

Last edited:
   / trouble shooting 3-point hitch #2  
Now c'mon, you've gotta come clean. What was wrong?

Mark

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #3  
Maybe his unit is equipped with draft control, and he was tugging on the wrong lever???

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #4  
One things for sure. He ain't talkin':D

Mark

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #5  
One things for sure. He ain't talkin':D

Mark

Usua`lly the result of doing something "less than intelligent."

Don't ask me why I'm familiar with that feeling...:D

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch
I loaned out my tractor. Needless to say when it came back I didnt check the speed control knob. It was turned all the way to lock. Since I never touch that, it wasnt on the top of my mind when I posted that.

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #7  
Wasn't trying to give ya a hard time or anything, just curious that's all. That little tid bit of info may help someone out someday. That's what this sight is all about IMO.
Glad you got your problem solved, I've pulled a few of those myself:D

Mark

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #8  
I loaned out my tractor. Needless to say when it came back I didnt check the speed control knob. It was turned all the way to lock. Since I never touch that, it wasnt on the top of my mind when I posted that.

Gotta love when a "borrower" feels the need to futz with all the various knobs and levers, regardless of whether he/she needs to...:D

/ trouble shooting 3-point hitch #9  
I have a 830 case o matic. the draft control lever had to be repostiton everytime I need to raise the arms on the 3pt hitch.A few weeks ago I went to plow some snow and couldn't raise the arms. So I backed into a snow bank to raise the arms. I got them up and now they won't go down at all. At first they would slowly go down when the tractor was shut off but now won't go down at all. The draft lever has complete free play now . It has no tension on it at all.Before I would play with the draft lever and the lever for the arm would come unstuck and I could raise the arms up and down.Now the lever for the arms to raise and lower is stuck. Nothing moves but the draft lever with free play. Any suggestions. Thanks.