Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z

/ Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z #1  

Rhombus

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1140
Any troubleshooting advice would be most welcome. I live 3 hours from a dealer and don't have a trailer so I am on my own.

Symptoms: power bucket grapple not working.
Trouble shooting steps performed:
1. Switched the yellow/red hydraulic line pair with the white/black lines. Grapple works thus I know the grapple is not bad.
2. Checked rear fuze panel fuze #8. Its good. Swapped bottom relay with known good relay. No effect on behavior.

My guess is that its electrical related to the green button on the small stick. Any thoughts / suggestions on what to try now?

Thanks, Ian

/ Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z #2  
Sounds like you are on the right track.

Have you tried testing the electrical continuity of the green button? It isn't uncommon for switches like that to get corroded and offer higher resistance.

/ Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z
I will give it a test, but my ventrac is less than six months old so I wasnt thinking along those lines. Thanks.

/ Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z #4  
I can tell you that the wiring connetions on the 4 contact coupler (the round chrome plated one) on my power unit and on my boom mower were very poorly done and prone to pull loose. I removed the coupler and re-did the wire connections on each side, no further trouble.

prs

/ Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z #5  
By the way if you ever need to take your 4500 to the dealer then renting a trailer from U-Haul is a great deal. Their 5' x 9' Utility Trailer with Ramp fits the 4500 perfectly (if you have duals you’ll need to reduce down to singles (4 wheels)). Rent the trailer for 24 hours for only $25.

/ Troubleshooting Front Auxiliary Hydraulics 4500Z #6  
I can tell you that the wiring connetions on the 4 contact coupler (the round chrome plated one) on my power unit and on my boom mower were very poorly done and prone to pull loose. I removed the coupler and re-did the wire connections on each side, no further trouble.

prs
DANG! What was I thinking? The power bucket has no connection to the 12V outlet! Your theory about the button is reasonable. I hope you can repair if that is what it is as the whole unit is $$$.

prs